- Academic Advising
- Catalog & Student Handbook
- Class Schedules
- College Library
- Course Catalog
- Developmental Education
- HCC Bookstore
- Honors Program
- Job Placement
- Technical Standards
High School Programs
- Student Services
Academic Advising at Haywood Community College is an integral part of the instructional and student development divisions and serves two primary purposes: (1) to assist students with course selection for their curricular studies, and (2) to provide assistance with scholastic and school-related problems encountered in reaching their academic goals. The effective use of the faculty-advisory/student relationship is essential to both student academic success and retention.
- Facilitate the smooth and timely function of the advising process as it relates to registration.
- Develop a positive relationship with the student, advisor and institution.
- Disseminate vital information to the student.
- Assure that the student’s program planning and course selection will lead to the attainment of the student’s educational goals.
- Serve as a resource for the student for help in overcoming barriers that could interfere with his/her academic success.
- Develop an educational plan for each degree seeking student.
Degree Seeking Students
(828) 627-2821, Toll free in NC: 1-866-GO-TO-HCC
Hours: Monday – Friday, 8:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m.
|Advanced Technology||Building firstname.lastname@example.org||826-627-4631|
|Arts & Sciences||Building email@example.com||828-627-4223|
|Early Childhood||Building firstname.lastname@example.org||828-627-4693|
|Health Professions||Building email@example.com||828-627-4651|
|Natural Resources||Building firstname.lastname@example.org||828-627-4560|
Non-Degree Seeking Students or Continuing Education Students
Non-degree seeking students or continuing education students should go to the Student Center for One-Stop advisement, admissions, registration, payment, and books.
|Location||Student Center “One Stop Shop” (1500 Building)|
|Hours||Monday-Thursday, 8:00 a.m. – 7:00 p.m. and Friday, 8:00 a.m. – 4:00 p.m.|
|Telephone||(828) 627-4500, (toll free in NC 1-866-GO-TO-HCC)|
|Address||185 Freedlander Drive, Clyde, NC 28721|