Haywood Community College seeks to comply fully with Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973 in providing equal access to education for handicapped students. Federal law prohibits requesting information regarding handicap conditions on the admission application, therefore, it is the responsibility of the student to contact Student Services regarding special needs.

Handicapped and/or learning disabled students are encouraged to contact the Special Services Counselor (828-627-4504) prior to each semester to arrange necessary support services. Support services may include: interpreter services, tutorial services, notetakers, recordings for the blind, and instructional accommodations. Requests for special services should be made as early as possible prior to registration. If requests for services are not received prior to registration, it may not be possible to provide special accommodations until the following semester.

See Also: Counseling & Disability Services

Accessibility & This Website

Haywood Community College seeks to comply fully with Section 508 § 1194.22 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973. Should you have any difficulty accessing any content on this site, please contact the webmaster (828-565-4007) or submit feedback on the site's accessibility.

This page was last modified on Friday, August 13, 2010 at 06:54 AM