Apply for Financial Aid
- Apply for Financial Aid
- Certificate Programs Approved for Financial Aid
- Distance Learning: Apply for Financial Aid
- Distance Learning: Apply for Scholarships
- Dropping Courses/Withdrawing from College
- Facts and FAQ
- Financial Aid Contact Information
- Financial Aid Forms
- Financial Aid from Other Sources
- Financial Aid Programs
- Financial Aid Student Rights and Responsibilities
- Maintaining Eligibility for Financial Aid
- Return of Federal Title IV Funds Policy
- Return of State Funds
- Student Loans
- Veteran Services
- Work Study Programs
1.Complete the Free Application For Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) by submitting a FAFSA online at www.fafsa.ed.gov
2. FAFSA is processed by DOE. DOE determines Expected Family Contribution (EFC) using Federal Methodology. EFC determines student eligibility. HCC and the student receive a product of the FAFSA called SAR/ISIR (Student Aid Report)
3.Student must apply for admission to HCC and must be accepted into a qualified program of study -associate degree, or diploma program.
4. Students with eligibility for grants(federal and/or state) who are selected for the process called Verification or who are missing information necessary to complete processing their application are sent a Document Tracking letter and e mail listing the information required to complete their file. It is important to respond to this request in a timely manner to prevent delays in the processing of your financial aid.
5. When the student’s "file" is complete, i.e., all supporting information received, verification completed, and the student is fully accepted into a qualified degree-seeking program, an award letter notification is e mailed to the student. All financial aid awards may be viewed on the student's WebAdvisor account.
6. Tution, fees, and bookstore charges will automatically be deducted from the student's financial aid awards.
7. Any remaining balance will be disbursed to the student by check and mailed to the address the school has on file approximately 6 weeks after classes begin.