Apply for Financial Aid

1.Complete the Free Application For Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) by doing one of the following:

a. Submit FAFSA online at

b. Complete paper FAFSA and mail to Department of Education (DOE). Request a paper FAFSA by visiting, calling us at 1-800-4-FED-AID, or at

2. FAFSA is processed by DOE. DOE determines Expected Family Contribution (EFC) using Federal Methodology. EFC determines student eligibility. HCC receives product of FAFSA called SAR/ISIR (Student Aid Report)

3.Student must apply for admission to HCC and must be accepted into a qualified program of study -associate degree, or diploma program.

4. FAO notifies student that SAR/ISIR has been received and is being processed. This notification includes information on how to apply for scholarships and the Federal Work Study program.

5. Students with eligibility for grants(federal and/or state) who are selected for the process called Verification or who are missing information necessary to complete processing their application are sent a Communication Tracking letter and email listing the information required to complete their file.

6. When the student’s "file" is complete, i.e., all supporting information received, verification completed, and the student is fully accepted into a qualified degree-seeking program, an award letter is mailed to the student.



This page was last modified on Wednesday, March 05, 2014 at 11:29 AM