About Haywood Community College
- About Haywood County
- About the Website
- Accreditation and Recognition
- Campus Facilities
- Campus Map
- College Facts
- General Education Competencies
- HCC Organization Chart
- Master Plan
- Mission, Vision & Goals
- Performance Measures
- Regional High Technology Center
Main Campus - The college's main campus is located in Clyde, NC and is a designated arboretum known for its stand of lofty oak trees and beauty of its gardens. The Rhododendron and Dahlia Gardens are visited each year by area garden clubs and local residents and are a source of pride for the college.
Regional High Tech Center - The Regional High Technology Center, founded in 1986 by Joseph H. Nanney, President of Haywood Community College, 1977 - 1989, is nationally recognized as an advanced technology center. The first of its kind in North Carolina, the Center was an early adopter of technologies such as lasers, robotics, and rapid prototyping.
- Delivers hands-on Associate Degree level technology programs.
- Serves as a regional educational facility with meeting space, computer labs, and technical support.
- Is a strong partner in regional economic development with Advantage West, the Haywood Economic Development Commission and the Haywood Chamber of Commerce.
West Waynesville Campus - The West Waynesville Campus, established in 1997, was donated to the college by the Local No. 277 United Rubber Workers Union. It serves as a site for GED and Adult High School training and testing. Remodeled in spring 2011 through a partnership between Goodwill Industries of Northwest North Carolina, Inc. and Haywood Community College, it currently houses the CareerWorks Center and the Goodwill Career Connections. This center provides employability skills training, career counseling, and job placement for HCC students and unemployed and underemployed persons in the HCC service area.