Health education courses are designed to assist individuals in obtaining the skills necessary for employment or retraining in health institutions or related fields.
COURSE - DAYS - TIMES - LOCATION
Medication Aide - 5:30 p.m. - 9:30 p.m. - Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday - June 9, 10, 11, 16, 17, & 18. Course cost $80 (includes Tuition and Supply Fee). Class is 24 hours of instruction.
Phlebotomy - 1/7/14 to 4/15/14 - Tu & Th evenings from 6 to 9 p.m. An additional 120 hours will be required in the clinical setting.
Phlebotomy: Required To Register for Class:
1. Current driver's license
2. High School Diploma or GED
3. Tuition & Fees $252.25
4. Criminal Background Check - $24.50
5. History and Physical form completed by the student
Required by the first day of class:
1. Phlebotomy Textbook available in the bookstore approximate cost $62.00
1Measles, mumps, rubella
*If born after 1957, need 2 MMR vaccinations or documented laboratory evidence of immunity
*If born before 1957, documented immunity or evidence that one MMR vaccination was received
2. Tetanus Vaccination within the past 10 years
3. Current Tuberculin Skin Test
*Individual providing a documented TB skin test within the preceding 12 months should receive
a single TB skin test and use this result as the 2nd part of the 2 step TB skin test.
*If individuals have no evidence of a TB skin test in the preceding 12 months they will need 2 TB skin tests.
4. Hepatitis B Vaccination or a titre or a signed waiver satisfactory to the hospitals
5. Varicella: evidence of 2 vaccinations or verification of varicella by a health care provider or lab confirmed evidence of immunity
6. Drug Screening Test $45.00
Nurse Aide Classes:
Summer Fast Track Series during May and June - See classes 5 and 6 below!
|1. Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday||5:30 - 9:30 p.m.||1/14/14 - 4/28/14|
|2. Monday & Wednesday||8:15 a.m. - 2:45 p.m.||1/15/14 - 4/28/14|
5:30 a.m. - 9:30 p.m.
8:15 a.m. - 2:45 p.m.
|1/17/14 - 5/3/14|
|4. Tuesday & Thursday||8:15 a.m. - 2:45 p.m.||3/13/14 - 6/19/14|
5. Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday & Thursday
8:15 a.m. - 3:45 p.m.
5/8/14 - 6/24/14
6. Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday & Thursday
8:15 a.m. - 3:45 p.m.
6/25/14 - 8/7/14
General Information: Persons enrolling in this course must provide a current copy of their NC Driver’s license and a social security card (names must match on both documents). Persons must provide a copy of their high school diploma, GED or take a reading test to enroll. Persons must provide a copy of immunization record including MMR and a recent (within 6 months) negative TB skin test. Costs include: $180.00 registration fee, $16.00 malpractice insurance, $1.25 accident insurance policy, $5.00 CPR card, $25.00 Lab Fee. The cost of the book is $21.67. Blood pressure cuff and stethoscope required.
Class days and times are subject to change.
For more information, please contact Sandy Fischer at 565-4145 or firstname.lastname@example.org