Fundamentals of Green Building Construction - Graduation December 15, 2010. Partnership with NC Rural Center, Haywood Home Builders Association and JobsNOW.
The Community Education program is designed to provide courses, seminars and activities that contribute to the community's overall cultural, civic and intellectual growth, and assist adults in the development of new personal or leisure skills or the upgrading of existing ones.
The purpose of the Community Education program is to provide lifelong learning for adults to meet customers’ needs and interests and contribute to the community’s overall cultural, civic and intellectual growth. Community Education program offerings include non-FTE classes, seminars, workshops, or other special events.
Community Education courses consist of single courses, each complete in itself, that focus on an individual's personal or leisure needs.
By design, Community Education programs can serve wide interests of the community.
- Grammar Refresher
- Everyday Math
- Prep for the GRE
- Intro to Algebra
- Auto Trim Upholstery
- Introduction to Non-Profit Management
- Debt Elimination Techniques that Work
- Get Paid to Travel
- Get Assertive!
- Where does all my Money go?
- Understanding Adolescents
- Genealogy Basics
- Senior Leadership
- How to Buy a Home (Pre-Homeownership Training)
- How to Buy Stocks & Bonds
- Investments & Financial Planning
- Building a Legacy
- Foreign Languages: Spanish
- Sign Language
- Writing (Travel Writing, Fundamentals of Technical Writing, Intro to Journaling)
- Furniture Upholstery
- Home Repair and Decoration
Woodworking (Cabinet Making) Oversize Vehicle Escort/Pilot Car Initial Class
- The next class will be held October 12, 2013 - for more information, please call (828) 565-4241