Creative Arts Building
- Creative Arts Building
A New “Green” Home
Thanks to the support of Haywood County residents who voted in support of the ¼ cent sales tax for facility needs at the College last year, plans are in the works for a new Creative Arts Building to be built on the HCC campus. The new building will house curriculum professional crafts programs as well as continuing education classes such as art, wood carving, jewelry and lapidary. The HCC Board of Trustees is finalizing plans for the building and construction is expected to begin in late spring 2010. The building is being designed to LEED standards and will contain many “green features”-some of which are listed below.
- College Construction Process
- Introductory Seminar Presentation
- Creative Arts Facility Design Q&A
- SESSION LAW 2008-203 / SB 1946
- 36,000 square feet
- 2 stories
- Type ll-B Construction
- Fully sprinklered
- Rainwater reuse
- Constructed wetland
- LEED platinum (goal)
- Demolition of existing 700 building
(Note: The Board of Trustees is still exploring energy-efficient heating and cooling options. )
- Nov 2009 HCC Board of Trustees finalizing construction drawings with Innovative Designs, Inc.
- Nov 2009-Feb 2010 Construction drawings reviewed by NC State Construction Office; approval required.
- TBD Pre-bid meeting
- TBD Project posted; bids requested
- TBD Bid awarded
- May 2010 Construction begins.
- Aug 2011 Construction complete; facility open.