How to Register
If you are already a student at HCC, you will first consult with your advisor or with Student Services in order to plan your semester. You may then register for courses and pay for courses online using WebAdvisor, which can be accessed through the Network Access Portal. If you are not yet a student at HCC, you must first complete the application process, which is most easily completed online. For complete details, please choose from the two options below.
- Call or email your advisor during the open registration period. Your advisor will help you plan the courses you should take and will unlock online registration so you can register online. If you do not know how to reach your advisor, you may call Student Services at 828.627.4500. To see the list of current course offerings, go to http://www.haywood.edu/class_schedules.
- Log in to WebAdvisor. Select "Students." If you are ready to register, proceed to next step (item #3).
If you are just planning and want to search for available sections, under "Registration," select "Search for Sections." From there, you may choose a Term and a Subject. The "Available/Capacity/Waitlist" column will tell you how many seats are still available, how many total students can be admitted, and how many students are on the wait list if the course is full.
- When ready to register, under "Registration," select "Register for Sections." From there, select "Search and register for sections" and proceed to choose a Term and a Subject. The "Available/Capacity/Waitlist" column will tell you how many seats are still available, how many total students can be admitted, and how many students are on the wait list if the course is full. Put a check in the box to "Select" the class and Submit.
- Return to the "Students Menu" and select "Make a Payment" to pay for your courses. If you see "Error: You do not have any financial activity to display," this means your account has not yet been billed. Please check back later.
- Make sure you know when your classes begin. Some short semester courses begin later in the semester. Start and end dates for every course are available at http://www.haywood.edu/class_schedules
- Make plans to purchase your textbooks. If you wish, you may purchase textbooks through the HCC bookstore online. Go to the http://www.haywood.edu/hcc_bookstore and click on the "Buy Your Books Online" link (at the top of the page) to determine what books you need for a course and to purchase them online if you wish to do so. You will have to view and agree to the Returns Policy before using this service.
- On the first day of instruction after 8AM, log in to your online course. Login instructions are on the Moodle homepage. It is important to begin your classes on time. Be sure you have the required materials/hardware/software and be sure to complete the mandatory attendance assignment (called the "HOP Assignment") in each of your online and hybrid courses. Students who do not complete the HOP assignment during the first 10% of the course will be dropped from that course without refund.
If you are not yet enrolled at HCC, your first step is to complete an online application. Once you are officially a student at HCC, registration is an easy process.
- Go to https://www1.cfnc.org/applications/NC_community_college/apply.html?application_id=1501 and complete the Online Application. If you need assistance with the application process, please call 828.627.4500.
- Student Services will contact you by email when your application has been processed. They will provide you with a Student ID, HCC username, and the name of your advisor. Do not misplace this information. You will need it throughout your time at HCC.
- Go to http://www.haywood.edu/class_schedules and look at the current course offerings. Determine which courses interest you, based on your major and career plans. Once your application has been processed and you have Student user information, you can proceed to register with your advisor. In future semesters, you will follow the steps listed in the "I am already a student at HCC" above.