Co-op Information for Students
- Check your program of study for COE course options and speak with your advisor or the Experiential Learning Coordinator to register.
- You must have a GPA of 2.0 or better and at least 9 core curriculum credit hours with HCC.
- Complete a Co-op application. Submit by Email, FAX or mail.
- Provide a copy of your Resume and a Job description from the co-op employer submitted by Email, FAX or Mail.
- Distance learning students must complete a HOP assignment on the first day of class through Moodle.
- Stay in contact by Phone or Email with your Experiential Learning Coordinator and Instructor.
- Prepare for an on-site visit by appointment from your Experiential Learning Coordinator or Instructor during your co-op work experience.
- Cooperative Education Workbook – Complete co-op workbooks must be submitted to the Office of Experiential Learning.
- Cooperative Education Application – Application packets must be complete and turned into the Office of Experiential Learning before registration in a COE course.
Eligible Programs of Study
The following Associates Degree programs are eligible for co-op:
- Automotive Systems Technology
- Building Construction Technology
- Business Administration
- Collision Repair and Refinishing Technology
- Computer-Integrated Machining
- Electrical/Electronics Technology
- Electronics Engineering Technology
- Industrial Systems Technology
- Medical Office Administration
- Welding Technology