- Front Page
- Financial Aid
- Apply for Financial Aid
- Certificate Programs Approved for Financial Aid
- Distance Learning: Apply for Financial Aid
- Distance Learning: Apply for Scholarships
- Dropping Courses/Withdrawing from College
- Facts and FAQ
- Financial Aid Contact Information
- Financial Aid Forms
- Financial Aid from Other Sources
- Financial Aid Programs
- Financial Aid Student Rights and Responsibilities
- Maintaining Eligibility for Financial Aid
- Return of Federal Title IV Funds Policy
- Return of State Funds
- Student Loans
- Veteran Services
- Work Study Programs
Financial Aid emails all important documents to your student account. Please make sure to keep a valid back-up email address on file with Haywood Community College.
Stay up to date with the latest Financial Aid information. Click here to see our Facebook Page.
The purpose of the financial aid program at Haywood Community College (HCC) is to provide financial assistance to students as they pursue their educational goals. The program is committed to the philosophy that no eligible student should be denied access to higher education because of a lack of financial resources. In achieving this purpose the financial aid office is committed to the slogan “Financial Aid Made Easy.” To support this purpose, the financial aid office commits to the following:
- Complying with federal and state law as well as institutional policies
- Promoting and maintaining integrity, accuracy and timeliness in delivery of services
- Providing adequate information for students and parents to make informed decisions regarding the financing of their education
- Promoting and providing equal access to eligible students interested in pursuing an education at Haywood Community College
1. Increased awareness of financial aid options.
2. Increased participation in financial aid programs.
3. Accessible services, face to face or online.
4. High quality, professional services to all students.
5. Students understand and use financial aid services
Most financial aid at HCC is awarded on the basis of need as determined by the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA). A very limited amount of aid is awarded based on academic achievement. Students must complete the same application process (FAFSA) to be considered for any financial aid including Direct Loans, Parent Plus Loans, and Scholarships at HCC. Some of the requirements to receive aid from federal financial aid programs are as follows:
- Be a citizen or eligible non-citizen of the United States with a valid social security number.
- Have a high school diploma or a General Educational Development (GED) certificate.
- Enroll in an eligible program as a regular student seeking a degree or diploma. Students who are enrolled as special credit students are not eligible to receive federal financial aid. Some certificate programs are eligible for financial aid. Contact the Financial Aid Office for additional information.
- Register (or have registered) for Selective Service, if you are a male between the ages of 18-25.
- High school transcripts/GED are required for eligible certificate programs
Haywood Community College's Financial Aid Policy
Our official school policy can be viewed at http://www.haywood.edu/policies_and_procedures/policy/5/10