How to Access Enrollment Services Online
- Change of Name or Address Form
- Distance Learning Enrollment
- Enrollment Management Contact Information
- Enrollment Management Mission and Outcomes
- Enrollment Procedures
- Enrollment Requirements
- Graduation Information
- How to Access Enrollment Services Online
- Nursing Enrollment
- Residency Status
- Transcript Request
- Tuition and Institutional Fees
- Administrative Services
Enrollment Procedures and Online Services for Distance Learning Students:
Enrollment Management Information and Contact Information can be found on the Enrollment Management page.
Phone: 828 627 4500
FAX: 828 627 4513
HCC provides access to all services for all students. For distance learning students, a detailed list of services and how to access them is located on the Distance Learning Support Services page.
Enrolling in an associate or diploma program
Submit an application for enrollment and mail it to the Enrollment Management office or apply online.
- Submit an official copy of high school transcript or GED scores.
- Take HCC’s Computerized Placement Test – Accuplacer, or submit a copy of your SAT or ACT scores. Students are exempt from taking the placement test if they have recorded SAT scores of 500 or higher on each section – reading and math, or a composite ACT score of 21 or higher. Transfer students may also be exempt if credit is transferable in math and English. Transfer students must submit official college transcripts if they are seeking transfer credit or waiving prerequisite requirements. For distance learning students, the placement test may be taken at your local community college and transferred/faxed/mailed to HCC. We accept Compass and Asset scores as well.
- In certain HCC programs, a departmental interview with an advisor is required. Check with the Enrollment Management office for a list of these programs. For distance learning students, this can be via phone appointment.
- Check with Student Development Services by phone or email to see if any other enrollment requirements are mandated for your specific program of study.
Enrolling in a certificate program
- Submit an application for enrollment and mail it to the Enrollment Management office or apply online. Some certificate programs may require a prerequisite or a departmental interview with an advisor. Check with the Enrollment Management office to determine additional requirements for specific certificate programs. For distance learning students, this can be via phone appointment.
Enrolling as a non‐degree seeking student
- Submit an application for enrollment and mail it to the Enrollment Management Office or apply online.
- A course may be taken as a non‐degree seeking student if it does not require a prerequisite or the prerequisite has been met and space is available. (courses in limited enrollment programs excluded)
To register for courses – After all enrollment requirements have been met, a student may register by:
- meeting with faculty advisor to plan schedule. Distance learning students may contact advisors via email or phone to receive advisement and plan schedule. Faculty advisors will key in schedules via phone for first time students. Continuing students may register online via Haywired after the advising restriction has been removed by the faculty advisor.
- paying tuition and fees. Payment can be made in the cashiers office in the Student Center (1500 building), payment can be mailed to HCC, 185 Freedlander Drive Clyde, NC 28721, or payment can be made online (for more information, contact the Cashier).
- purchasing books, student ID, and parking decal in the bookstore. Books can be purchased online at the HCC Bookstore.