Request a Hold from the LRC Collection
- Access the online catalog through the "Library Catalog" tab at the top right-hand corner of each page on our library site.
- Find your resource(s) using a catalog search.
- Please note the title, author, call number, volume/edition, and any other pertinent information for the material(s) you need.
- Click the "I Need Material" link on the gray menu bar near the top of the page.
- Select "Suggestion Box."
- Title your request "HCC Hold Request."
- Complete the form using the information noted above, making sure to also include your name and a contact email address.
- Provide the needed information for the "User ID" and "Call Number" boxes.
- Click "Send" to submit your request.
-Please make sure to provide all of the required information. Incomplete requests will not be processed.
-You do not need to provide an alternate ID-your Library ID is sufficient.
-The online hold service is for specific items only. If you need help finding resources for an assignment please contact an LRC staff member about setting up a Research Consultation appointment.
-Items placed on hold at the LRC will be available at the circulation desk the next business day.
-Certain materials, including reserves, reference works, and some audio/visual works, are not available for holds.
-A librarian will notify you when your request has been processed or if your requested item is not available.
-You may request multiple holds per Suggestion Box form.