- Front Page
Research & Institutional Effectiveness
The HCC Research and Institutional Effectiveness Office is the college’s resource for information regarding all aspects of the institution. Whether a survey for a class, data for a grant, or guidance with strategic planning, the Research and Institutional Effectiveness Office can assist.
Haywood Community College adheres to a model of continuous improvement, and the Research and Institutional Effectiveness Office provides data and support to all College departments as they engage in assessment and planning.
Some of our services include:
- Online survey design, scoring, and reporting
- Paper survey design, scoring, and reporting
- Historical data mining
- Educational research
- Demographic data mining
- Real-time data reporting
- Custom queries and reports
- Assistance with departmental strategic planning
The Research and Institutional Effectiveness Department (RIE) is responsible for the support of employees who are defining, gathering, analyzing, and using data related to student learning outcomes, college efficiency, and other measures of intuitional success and effectiveness. RIE conducts, documents, and reports internal assessments, surveys, and research studies; ensures compliance with state and federal reporting requirements; and facilitates college strategic planning.
HCC policy requires that data requests from non-HCC personnel be sent to the Marketing and Communications department (email@example.com or https://www.haywood.edu/marketing_and_communications). Please see Procedure 1.1.1: Dissemination of Public Records and Informationfor complete details.
HCC personnel requiring data from the Research Office should put in a ticket using Haywired or should contact the Research Office directly.
- Coordinator, Research & Institutional Effectiveness, Research and Institutional Effectiveness
- Room 100, Building 100: R.V. Frazell Administration Building
- Faculty/Research Analyst, Research and Institutional Effectiveness
- Room 119, Building 100: R.V. Frazell Administration Building