The mission of the Haywood Community College Office of Research and Institutional Effectiveness is to develop, implement, and evaluate the processes by which college departments use institutional data. By offering reporting and analysis, the office supports data-driven decision-making and policy development.
- The office administers surveys and evaluation as part of college-wide assessment.
- The RIE Data Manager serves as the college's Skilled-Knowledge Worker, a staff member trained and designated to retrieve data from the NC Community College System Office's Data Warehouse.
- As NCCCSO Data Coordinator, the Data Manager is charged with supporting and coordinating all state and federal reporting for which the institution is responsible.
Efforts of the research and planning office focus on improving student learning and developmental programs and services through assessment and evaluation consistent with the college mission. Data is shared with college leaders for use in critical decisions and to monitor institutional effectiveness.
It is our goal to:
- Provide demographic data on students, target populations, and service area
- Assess student satisfaction with instruction, programs, and services
- Conduct periodic assessments of college services by students, faculty, and staff
- Assist with program evaluations performed on a 3-year cycle
- Provide data on assessments and evaluations to leaders, faculty and staff, and state and federal offices as a basis for improvement
- Lead campus-wide strategic planning and evaluation efforts
- Assist with SACS requirements and reaccreditation efforts
- Survey and evaluation results distributed
- Reports for NCCCSO Critical Success Factors submitted accurately and in timely manner
- Support provided to faculty and staff in completion of mandated reporting
- RIE Web site (HCC electronic facts book) kept current and informative
- SACS annual reporting completed accurately and in timely manner