- About the Foundation
- Contact the Foundation
- Donating to the Foundation
- Foundation Board & Staff
- Foundation Events
THE HCC SCHOLARSHIP APPLICATION FOR THE UPCOMING 2013-2014 ACADEMIC YEAR IS NOW CLOSED. STUDENTS SELECTED TO RECEIVE A SCHOLARSHIP FOR THE 2013-2014 ACADEMIC YEAR WILL BE NOTIFIED BY THE END OF JUNE. ANY ADDITIONAL SCHOLARSHIPS THAT BECOME AVAILABLE WILL BE ADVERTISED DURING THE FALL 2013 SEMESTER.
OUTSIDE SCHOLARSHIPS AVAILABLE ON THE INTERNET:
REMEMBER TO NEVER PAY ANY AMOUNT OF MONEY TO APPLY FOR OUTSIDE SCHOLARSHIPS, EVEN IF IT STATED TO BE AN ADMINISTRATION FEE!!! THESE ARE USUALLY SCAMS.
DUE TO FINANCIAL AID RULES, STUDENTS WHO TAKE OUT THE MAXIMUM LOAN AMOUNT THROUGH THE FINANCIAL AID OFFICE ARE NOT ELIGIBLE TO RECEIVE ANY SCHOLARSHIPS. FOR MORE INFORMATION ON THIS RULE, PLEASE CONTACT THE FINANCIAL AID OFFICE AT (828) 565-4120.
IT IS VERY IMPORTANT TO READ THE INSTRUCTIONS AND FAQ'S BELOW BEFORE PROCEEDING TO APPLY FOR SCHOLARSHIPS!
- Make sure you have your HCC student ID number and that it is correct. If you do not know your HCC student ID number, you can find it on your HCC acceptance letter, or login to your Haywired account and click on the "My Academic Profile" link in the "Students" box.
- The FAFSA is required if you want to apply for scholarships, even if you know you are not eligible to receive federal or state financial aid. It is used to measure your financial need. PLEASE MAKE SURE YOUR FAFSA IS COMPLETE!
- Many scholarships are specific to your program of study. Enroll as a student in a curriculum program at HCC and declare a major.
- Obtain a working email address. Scholarship award letters will be emailed to you at the email address you provide.
- You may log out of the scholarship application at any time, just make sure to save your information before closing it out.
- Do not click the "Remember Me" box on the login page if you are using a public computer!
- YOU MUST BE REGISTERED FOR CLASSES TO BE AWARDED A SCHOLARSHIP!
Frequently Asked Questions:
Q: What if I don't have or don't know my GPA?
A: If you do not have or know your GPA from high school or college, simply enter 0 (zero) in the required field on the application. This will not disqualify you from any scholarships. Your HCC GPA will be imported from your student records.
Q: What if I don't know how many earned credits I have?
A: Enter 0 (zero) in the required field. This will not disqualify you from any scholarships; it is for informational purposes only.
Q: What is "HWDCC Graduation Date?"
A: This is the month/year you expect to graduate from HCC. If you don't know, just enter the date you think you may graduate. This will not disqualify you from any scholarships; it is for informational purposes only.
Q: A scholarship I am eligible to apply for says that the amount varies. What does this mean?
A: Scholarships that have the award amount listed as "varies" are our endowed scholarships that generate different amounts of money to award each year.
Q: Who is considered a "non-traditional student?"
A: A non-traditional student at HCC is defined as one or more of the following:
- a student who has been out of school for 10 years or more
- a student who is over 30 years old
- a student who is making a career change
Q: I am on the "Recommended Scholarships" page; how do I go back to change my information on previous pages?
A: Simply click the "Edit" button in either the "Personal Information" or "Academic Information" box, and you will be able to see the "Application Process" links on the left side of the page.
Q: How do I upload or submit a letter of recommendation if one is required for a scholarship?
A: If you have a paper letter of recommendation, scan it and save it to your computer. To upload it to your online application, click the "Upload" button on the "Attach Documents" page, enter a title, then click "Browse" to find the scanned document on your computer. Then click "Upload." You can also click the "Letter of Recommendation" button and email your recommender so they can submit the letter of recommendation directly to your online application. You just need to provide their name, address, and email address.
CAREFULLY READ THE INSTRUCTIONS ON EACH PAGE OF THE APPLICATION!
The online application is hosted by STARS Online. You will receive an email from STARS confirming your username and password.
If you have any questions during the application process, please call (828) 565-4170 or send an email to the following address: email@example.com