Past Seminar: Business Essentials
- Title: Business Essentials
- Date: Tuesday, October 07, 2014
- Time: 10:00 AM to 12:00 PM
- Location: Student Center Auditorium, Right Rear Section
The North Carolina Department of Revenue, North Carolina Industrial Commission, and North Carolina Department of Commerce Division of Employment Security representatives will cover basic requirements to help businesses in North Carolina understand the laws and obligations necessary to be compliant. Topics covered:
- The basics of tax compliance from registering your business, withholding from employees, and sales and use tax requirements.
- Workers' Compensation laws and the types of businesses required to carry workers’ compensation insurance and how to obtain it.
- Unemployment insurance laws, employment taxes, and the appeals process
- November 5, 2014: Alternative Financing For Small Business Owners
- November 6, 2014: Modern Tourism Drivers: Authenticity, Community & Sustainability
- November 19, 2014: Small Business Roundtable II
- November 20, 2014: Selling Your Product through Natural Products Retailers