Past Seminar: Business Essentials
- Title: Business Essentials
- Date: Tuesday, October 07, 2014
- Time: 10:00 AM to 12:00 PM
- Location: Student Center Auditorium, Right Rear Section
The North Carolina Department of Revenue, North Carolina Industrial Commission, and North Carolina Department of Commerce Division of Employment Security representatives will cover basic requirements to help businesses in North Carolina understand the laws and obligations necessary to be compliant. Topics covered:
- The basics of tax compliance from registering your business, withholding from employees, and sales and use tax requirements.
- Workers' Compensation laws and the types of businesses required to carry workers’ compensation insurance and how to obtain it.
- Unemployment insurance laws, employment taxes, and the appeals process
There are no upcoming seminars. Please subscribe to our RSS feed to learn about upcoming SBC seminars as they are announced.