Past Seminar: Business Plan Workshop in Preparation for Haywood Chamber’s Business Plan Competition
- Title: Business Plan Workshop in Preparation for Haywood Chamber’s Business Plan Competition
- Date: Wednesday, March 27, 2013
- Time: 06:00 PM to 09:00 PM
- Location: Student Center, first floor
Small Business Center at Haywood Community College will offer a free seminar entitled, “Business Planning for Business Success” on Wednesday, March 27, from 6-9 pm on campus in the Student Center, first floor.
This workshop is a timely offering as the Haywood Chamber of Commerce is sponsoring a Business Start Up Competition with an award(s) made up to $10,000. Deadline for submission of your business plan to the Haywood Chamber is April 26, 2013. An important aspect of this competition is to encourage would-be business owners to plan in detail because many businesses fail due to lack of planning.
You will be able to study the steps to actually writing your plan and learn how to cover what you really need in a short but useable plan. Learn simple techniques for writing an effective business plan. Discover what really needs to be there, what detracts from your message, how to say what's important, and how to use your plan to communicate your business idea to lenders, investors, customers, vendors, and others. Also, learn the most effective method for improving your business plan.
Russ Seagle of Seagle Management Consulting, Cullowhee, NC is the presenter. Seagle brings his many years of business experience and humor and is a frequent and popular presenter. For more information or to preregister for this free program, call the Small Business Center at 627-4512.
- September 4, 2014: Pricing 101 for the Artisan Business Owner: 3 formulas for finding your right price
- September 9, 2014: Mompreneurs: Balancing Parenthood and Entrepreneurship
- September 11, 2014: Business Planning for Business Success
- September 17, 2014: Small Business Roundtable, “a How to Guide to Military Contracting”
- September 23, 2014: Business Start-Up Issues A – Z
- September 25, 2014: Intro to Quickbooks for Business Owners
- September 29, 2014: Fueling Your Business
- October 1, 2014: REAL Professional Crafts: an introduction to turning your craft into a business
- October 2, 2014: A Business Owner’s Guide to Getting More out of Social Media II: Intermediate
- October 7, 2014: Business Essentials
- October 8, 2014: Small Business Roundtable, “You are Your Business, a business owners guide to brand development.”
- October 8, 2014: EBay for Beginners
- October 9, 2014: Beyond the Basics of Selling on eBay: Techniques for the Serious Seller
- October 9, 2014: From Idea to Action: an entrepreneur’s guide to turning your great idea into real-life action
- October 9, 2014: Setting up your eBay Store
- October 21, 2014: Creating the Image & Crafting the Message
- October 28, 2014: How to Price Your Product or Service
- November 5, 2014: Alternative Financing For Small Business Owners
- November 19, 2014: Small Business Roundtable II
- November 20, 2014: Selling Your Product through Natural Products Retailers