Past Seminar: Business Plan Workshop in Preparation for Haywood Chamber’s Business Plan Competition
- Title: Business Plan Workshop in Preparation for Haywood Chamber’s Business Plan Competition
- Date: Wednesday, March 27, 2013
- Time: 06:00 PM to 09:00 PM
- Location: Student Center, first floor
Small Business Center at Haywood Community College will offer a free seminar entitled, “Business Planning for Business Success” on Wednesday, March 27, from 6-9 pm on campus in the Student Center, first floor.
This workshop is a timely offering as the Haywood Chamber of Commerce is sponsoring a Business Start Up Competition with an award(s) made up to $10,000. Deadline for submission of your business plan to the Haywood Chamber is April 26, 2013. An important aspect of this competition is to encourage would-be business owners to plan in detail because many businesses fail due to lack of planning.
You will be able to study the steps to actually writing your plan and learn how to cover what you really need in a short but useable plan. Learn simple techniques for writing an effective business plan. Discover what really needs to be there, what detracts from your message, how to say what's important, and how to use your plan to communicate your business idea to lenders, investors, customers, vendors, and others. Also, learn the most effective method for improving your business plan.
Russ Seagle of Seagle Management Consulting, Cullowhee, NC is the presenter. Seagle brings his many years of business experience and humor and is a frequent and popular presenter. For more information or to preregister for this free program, call the Small Business Center at 627-4512.
- January 21, 2015: Business Owner’s Roundtable #1
- January 29, 2015: Quickbooks Basics for the Business Owner Part I (3 part Series)
- February 3, 2015: A Business Owner’s Guide to Social Media: Starting from Scratch to Online Success
- February 5, 2015: Quickbooks Basics for the Business Owner Part II (3 part series)
- February 10, 2015: How to Price your Product or Service
- February 12, 2015: Alternative Financing For Small Business Owners
- February 12, 2015: Quickbooks Basics for the Business Owner Part III (3 part series)
- February 17, 2015: Business Planning for Business Success
- February 18, 2015: Business Owner’s Roundtable #2
- March 3, 2015: Marketing for Success
- March 3, 2015: EBay for Beginners
- March 4, 2015: Beyond the Basics of Selling on eBay: Techniques for the Serious Seller
- March 4, 2015: A Guide to Selling on Etsy
- March 10, 2015: REAL Professional Craft Artists Series: Part I
- March 17, 2015: REAL Professional Craft Artists Series: Part II
- March 18, 2015: Business Owner’s Roundtable #3
- March 19, 2015: Business Essentials
- April 9, 2015: Ideation: The Business Model Canvas
- April 15, 2015: Perfecting Your Pitch
- April 16, 2015: Business Owner’s Roundtable #4: Show up & Show Out
- April 16, 2015: Strategic Marketing for Nonprofits
- April 23, 2015: Crafting an Effective Blog for the Small Business Owner
- May 19, 2015: Business Owner’s Guide to Social Media: Starting from Scratch to Online Success II
- May 20, 2015: Business Owner’s Roundtable #5