Past Seminar: Hops for Business, A Local Approach to a Nationwide Phenomenon
- Title: Hops for Business, A Local Approach to a Nationwide Phenomenon
- Date: Tuesday, March 18, 2014
- Time: 06:00 PM to 08:00 PM
- Location: Student Center Auditorium, Right Rear Section
Hops for Business, A Local Approach to a Nationwide Phenomenon
This seminar will provide an overview of hops growing business and provide an excellent networking opportunity for local hops growers and potential hops growers. Attendees will explore the seasonal processes of hop cultivation and marketing strategies for the developing hops industry. Hops growers will discuss tools and information to optimize efforts and harvest.
Heidi Dunkelberg of H&K Hops Farm will be the presenter. Dunkelberg has been growing hops in the Beaverdam community of Canton for five years. She currently grows seven different varieties of hops and has developed a unique way of trellis hop growing. Her passion in hop growing is infectious and she is excited to help others get started in the business of growing hops.
- October 21, 2014: Creating the Image & Crafting the Message
- October 28, 2014: How to Price Your Product or Service
- November 5, 2014: Alternative Financing For Small Business Owners
- November 19, 2014: Small Business Roundtable II
- November 20, 2014: Selling Your Product through Natural Products Retailers