Past Seminar: Why Local? Agripreneurship Seminar
- Title: Why Local? Agripreneurship Seminar
- Date: Tuesday, April 01, 2014
- Time: 06:00 PM to 08:00 PM
- Location: Student Center Auditorium, Right Rear Section
“Why Local?” Agripreneurship Seminar
From budding enthusiasts to seasoned agripreneurs—this interactive seminar is designed to provide education and support to entrepreneurs interested in farming or agriculture related business. Bring your ideas, successes and challenges for a solution-focused round table segment. Whether you are starting from scratch or currently operating a business, we will discuss the latest agriculture-related data and explore strategies to transform your individual operation into a thriving venture! Take home resources will be provided.
Topics will include:
• Why Local? Understanding consumer demand in the current locavore movement.
• Developing or expanding your market identity.
• Building a strong consumer base.
• Marketing strategies and social media.
• Increasing sales through diverse market partnerships.
• Buy Haywood as an industry partner.
- September 17, 2014: Small Business Roundtable, “a How to Guide to Military Contracting”
- September 23, 2014: Business Start-Up Issues A – Z
- September 25, 2014: Intro to Quickbooks for Business Owners
- September 29, 2014: Fueling Your Business
- October 1, 2014: REAL Professional Crafts: an introduction to turning your craft into a business
- October 2, 2014: A Business Owner’s Guide to Getting More out of Social Media II: Intermediate
- October 7, 2014: Business Essentials
- October 8, 2014: Small Business Roundtable, “You are Your Business, a business owners guide to brand development.”
- October 8, 2014: EBay for Beginners
- October 9, 2014: Beyond the Basics of Selling on eBay: Techniques for the Serious Seller
- October 9, 2014: From Idea to Action: an entrepreneur’s guide to turning your great idea into real-life action
- October 9, 2014: Setting up your eBay Store
- October 21, 2014: Creating the Image & Crafting the Message
- October 28, 2014: How to Price Your Product or Service
- November 5, 2014: Alternative Financing For Small Business Owners
- November 19, 2014: Small Business Roundtable II
- November 20, 2014: Selling Your Product through Natural Products Retailers