Past Seminar: Why Local? Agripreneurship Seminar
- Title: Why Local? Agripreneurship Seminar
- Date: Tuesday, April 01, 2014
- Time: 06:00 PM to 08:00 PM
- Location: Student Center Auditorium, Right Rear Section
“Why Local?” Agripreneurship Seminar
From budding enthusiasts to seasoned agripreneurs—this interactive seminar is designed to provide education and support to entrepreneurs interested in farming or agriculture related business. Bring your ideas, successes and challenges for a solution-focused round table segment. Whether you are starting from scratch or currently operating a business, we will discuss the latest agriculture-related data and explore strategies to transform your individual operation into a thriving venture! Take home resources will be provided.
Topics will include:
• Why Local? Understanding consumer demand in the current locavore movement.
• Developing or expanding your market identity.
• Building a strong consumer base.
• Marketing strategies and social media.
• Increasing sales through diverse market partnerships.
• Buy Haywood as an industry partner.
- January 21, 2015: Business Owner’s Roundtable #1
- January 29, 2015: Quickbooks Basics for the Business Owner Part I (3 part Series)
- February 3, 2015: A Business Owner’s Guide to Social Media: Starting from Scratch to Online Success
- February 5, 2015: Quickbooks Basics for the Business Owner Part II (3 part series)
- February 10, 2015: How to Price your Product or Service
- February 12, 2015: Alternative Financing For Small Business Owners
- February 12, 2015: Quickbooks Basics for the Business Owner Part III (3 part series)
- February 17, 2015: Business Planning for Business Success
- February 18, 2015: Business Owner’s Roundtable #2
- March 3, 2015: Marketing for Success
- March 3, 2015: EBay for Beginners
- March 4, 2015: Beyond the Basics of Selling on eBay: Techniques for the Serious Seller
- March 4, 2015: A Guide to Selling on Etsy
- March 10, 2015: REAL Professional Craft Artists Series: Part I
- March 17, 2015: REAL Professional Craft Artists Series: Part II
- March 18, 2015: Business Owner’s Roundtable #3
- March 19, 2015: Business Essentials
- April 9, 2015: Ideation: The Business Model Canvas
- April 15, 2015: Perfecting Your Pitch
- April 16, 2015: Business Owner’s Roundtable #4: Show up & Show Out
- April 16, 2015: Strategic Marketing for Nonprofits
- April 23, 2015: Crafting an Effective Blog for the Small Business Owner
- May 19, 2015: Business Owner’s Guide to Social Media: Starting from Scratch to Online Success II
- May 20, 2015: Business Owner’s Roundtable #5