The Golden Leaf Advanced Machining Center
The Regional High Technology Center
Haywood Community college
The Advanced Machining Center, funded by a grant from The Golden Leaf Foundation, is a state of the art education and training center for advanced metal forming, machining up to and including 5-axis contours, computer aided design (CAD), manufacturing (CAM) and engineering (CAE). Take a virtual tour of the Advanced Machining Center.
Located in beautiful western North Carolina, with easy access from anywhere in the region, the center is housed in a state of the art training and education facility. Haywood Community College’s western center is partnered with the eastern advanced machining center at Lenoir Community College in Kinston, NC, Western Carolina University, and North Carolina State University.
- The center offers a range of curricula, employee, and industry training including:
- Applications in CNC Machining
- CNC EDM Machining
- Advanced five Axis Machining
- Customized New and Expanding industry Training
- Customized worker training and certification
- NIMS (National Institute for Metal Working Skills)
- Reverse Engineering
- Train the-Trainer
- Advanced Machining Equipment Maintenance and Operations
- Injection Molding
- Regional Training and Indoctrination for High School Machining Programs
- Assistance for aerospace company qualification for manufacture of approved aircraft parts
Contact us today and learn how the Advanced Machining Center can help you train and upgrade the skills of a viable workforce.
The Advanced Machining Center was made possible by a grant from the Golden LEAF Foundation.
- Haas Tool Room Mill TM-1
- Haas Tool Room Lathe TL-1
- Haas Lathe SL-20
- Haas Lathe SL-20
- Haas VR-8 Mill
- Haas CNC Control Simulators
- Omax Waterjet 2652
- Sodick Wire EDM
- Boy 35A Injection Molding Machine
- HE&M Saw
- Accurpress 7608
- Accurshear 6250
- Brown & Sharpe CMM
- 21+ Workstation Computer Lab
North Carolina Aerospace Alliance
The Advanced Machining Center is affiliated with the North Carolina Aerospace Alliance, an association of independent companies, academic institutions, not-for-profit organizations and Department of Defense agencies. The Aerospace Alliance was established to identify opportunities for government/industry partnership to improve readiness and reduce the cost of aging aircraft weapon system ownership.
The Aerospace Alliance develops capabilities to manufacture critical aviation parts in North Carolina to support the Cherry Point Aviation Depot, other military facilities in the state, and defense sub-contractors.
Advanced Machining Center Location
- Located at the Regional High Technology Center of Haywood Community College, 112 Industrial Park Drive, Waynesville, North Carolina 28786
- 5 minutes to I-40, 30 minutes to I-26, 45 minutes from Asheville Regional Airport
- 2 hours from Charlotte
- 3 hours from Atlanta
- 2 hours from Knoxville
- 2 hours from Greenville, South Carolina
For more information contact Mr. Doug Burchfield at firstname.lastname@example.org or 828-564-5128.