Parking Lots and Spaces
Parking lots on campus are desingated by signs and spaces are color coded as follows:
- White Outlined Spaces – open parking for students, employees, and visitors
- Yellow Outlined Spaces – reserved parking for faculty and staff
- Blue Outlined Spaces – reserved for D.O.T. authorized handicaped vehicles
Handicapped spaces are enforced by law enforcement as well as Haywood Community College Security.
A handicapped parking violation issued by law enforcement can cost up to $250.00 and requires a court appearance.
Campus Security Officers issue tickets for the following violations ($5.00 fine for each offense): Violations are not limited to these infractions.
All parking fine’s must be paid at the cashier’s office only BEFORE pre-registration or registration for the upcoming semester.
- Occupying more than one parking space
- Failure to display a current decal
- Parking in the lane of traffic
- Blocking building entrances
- Obstructing sidewalk
- Double parking
- Parking in restricted lot or zone
- Parking in reserved space
- Parking on grass
- Parking within 15 feet of a fire hydrant
- Parking against the flow of traffic
- Protruding into the lane of traffic
- Parking in visitor or handicapped space
- Reckless driving
- Blocking loading zone
- Driving in excess of posted speed limits
- Parking on shoulder or road
Registration for courses or release of transcripts will be blocked until violations have been paid.