Please complete the Student Needs & Readiness for Career & Education Planning survey. The purpose of this survey is to identify the assistance and information you need to make career decisions and plan your education.
Take the FOCUS 2 Career Assessment Online
What can FOCUS 2 do for you?
- FOCUS 2 is a FREE online self-guided, interactive career and educational planning tool.
- FOCUS 2 helps you with: (1) Career Readiness: Identify you Career and College Ready strengths and needs such as choosing a major; (2) Self-Assessments: Determine your career plans as it relates to your interest, personality, and values by narrowing down career choices; (3) Explore the Possibilities: Explore HCC majors and match occupations; (4) Career Portfolio: Summary of assessment results and preferred majors; (5) Resources: Useful websites for upcoming events, career fields and employment.
- FOCUS 2 is available online 24 hours a day 7 days a week.
How Do I Get Started?
- New Users
- Create a new account using the HCC access code "clyde".
- Returning Users
- Log in using the account you already created.
After you initially login, you will create your own user name and password. Please write down this information and remember the login information for future use.
Start with the Career Planning Readiness and Academic Strengths sections, then complete all sections of the Self-Assessments,. Lastly, complete the Explore the Possibilities sections and save at least 1-10 realistic occupations that you would consider as a career option.
If you get lost, click on the HOME button and it will take you back to the first screen. Save your progress, logoff, and you can return to the program for future use.
After you complete the entire assessment, print your completed portfolio/report and schedule an appointment with a Career Counselor to interpret/discuss your results and ways to accomplish your career goals.