HCC counselors are available to assist students who wish to transfer to a four year university. Counselors are located in the Student Services (1500) Building. Call 828-627-4646 for an appointment.

College Transfer Services

In addition to one-on-one sessions and workshops through Learning Support Services, HCC counselors encourage students to visit universities prior to applying. A counselor arranges a college visit to Western Carolina University and UNC-Asheville each semester. Please complete the form below to request a seat on the next College Road Trip. The Western Carolina University College Road Trip is scheduled for Wednesday, October 25th and the University of North Carolina -Asheville Road Trip is scheduled for Thursday, November 9, 2017.  The college van will meet students at the the  Student Center (1500) building flagpole.  We will depart campus at 1:00 pm and return to campus by 4:30 pm.  Please wear comfortable shoes and bring along a jacket or sweater.                 

The College Road Trips are FREE!

College Road Trip Request

College Transfer Resources


Debbie Rowland
Academic and Career Counselor
Phone: 828.627.4646
Fax: 828.627.4513
Email: drowland@haywood.edu

Haywood Community College is committed to equality of educational opportunity and does not discriminate against applicants, students, or employees on the basis of race, color, national origin, religion, gender, age, disability, or sexual orientation.