State Authorization Process for non-NC residents

Haywood Community College accepts non-NC residents for online program participation as part of the State Authorization Reciprocity Agreement established by the U.S. Department of Education and the Higher Education Opportunity Act (HEOA). Students residing in the 16 states comprising the Southern Regional Education Board (SREB) may apply and enroll in online programs offered at Haywood Community College. The following states are part of the SREB Please call (828) 627-4500 or refer to Enrollment Procedures for more information. 

Alabama Mississippi
Arkansas North Carolina
Delaware Oklahoma
Florida South Carolina
Georgia Tennessee
Kentucky Texas
Louisiana Virginia
Maryland West Virginia

Complaint Process for Distance Learning Students

Haywood Community  College desires to resolve student grievances, complaints and concerns in an expeditious, fair and amicable manner. All HCC students, whether in-state or out-of-state, who desire to resolve a grievance should follow the College's Student Greviance Prodedure.  However, if an issue cannot be resolved internally, you may file a complaint with your State. The Student Grievance Contact Information for Individual States provides phone numbers, email addresses and/or links to state education agencies. Haywood Community College is accredited by the Commision on Colleges of the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools (SACS)