The HOP is ...
- a quiz in every online and hybrid course
- a quiz which carries little to no grade value
- a measure for first attendance in an online course
- a digital way to say "I'm here!" or "Count me present!" in the class
- a verification of identity in which you are agreeing that you are the person who registered for the course and not someone else doing the work for the registered student.
- a key to the rest of the course content
The HOP is an attendance requirement in online and hybrid course. Students must complete it by the stated deadline in order to remain in the course.