Live Graduation 360 Video
New this year, we will have a 360 degree live video of the graduation ceremony for friends and family who cannot attend.
To tune in, visit:
The 2017-18 Graduation ceremonies are scheduled for Friday, May 11th at 4:30pm and 7:30pm in our Charles M. Beall Auditorium in the 1500 building (student services)..
If you have questions, please feel free to contact the Enrollment Management Office at 828-627-4510.
In order to graduate with a certificate, diploma, or degree (“degree”), students must meet the minimum requirements stated below. (Note: Some curriculum programs have additional, or more stringent requirements than the minimum. See the heading “Program Specific Graduation Requirements” in this procedure for more information):
- Successfully complete and pass all required courses within the College approved certificate, diploma, or associate degree program in which the student wishes to graduate.
- Hold a minimum 2.00 program grade point average (GPA).
- Be recommended for graduation by the curriculum department after final program evaluation.
- Fulfill all financial obligations to the College.
- Complete an Application for Graduation (this must be on file at least 3 weeks before instruction ends during the semester in which a student plans to graduate in order to guarantee participation in the commencement ceremony).
- Submit completed Application for Graduation (signed by Curriculum Advisor and Curriculum Dean) to Student Services. Pay the current fee for the degree and any other graduation expenses.
- Per Policy 5.2.9, transfer students must complete a minimum of 25% of their program credit hours of coursework at Haywood Community College before becoming eligible for graduation.
Announcements & Accessories
See the HCC Bookstore to order Cap, Gown and Tassel or click here to place your order https://books.haywood.edu/category/clothing-items
4:30 pm Ceremony
Cosmetology; Criminal Justice Technology; Early Childhood Education; Early Childhood Education Administration; Early Childhood Education Special Education; Fish and Wildlife Management Technology; Forest Management Technology; Horticulture Technology; Infant-Toddler Care; Medical Assisting; Medical Office Administration; Medical Office Administration/Electronic Health Records; Natural Resources Specialist; Nursing; and School Age Education.
7:30 pm Ceremony
Haywood Early College; Accounting; Associate in Arts; Associate in General Education; Associate in Science; Automotive Systems Technology; Building Construction; Business Administration; Collision Repair & Refinishing; Computer Information Technology; Computer-Integrated Machining Technology; Electrical Systems Technology; Electronics Engineering Technology; Entrepreneurship; Industrial Systems Technology; Information Technology, Networking Technology; Professional Crafts – Clay, Wood, Fiber, Jewelry; Jewelry – Hand Wrought Metals; Welding Technology.
Graduation Rehearsal & Lunch
We ask that all graduates please attempt to come to rehearsal, as we will cover important information, as well as run through the order of the ceremony and practice walking across the stage.
Graduation rehearsal for the 4:30 pm graduation will be from 9:30 am to 11:00 am in the Auditorium.
Graduation rehearsal for the 7:30 pm graduation will be from 1:00 pm to 2:30 pm in the Auditorium.
*A special graduation lunch hosted by the Student Government Association (SGA), and catered by Apollo Flame, will be held in the lobby of the auditorium from 11:00 am to 1:00 pm for all graduating students, along with faculty and staff of the College.
HCC has a professional photographer to take pictures of students as they receive their awards on stage. Information for ordering pictures was included in your graduation packet. However, if you need more information, extra copies will be available at rehearsal.
*Please inform your family members in attendance that we request no flash photography during the ceremony to reduce distractions.
Note: We will also have a backdrop for graduate selfies and pictures in the second floor lobby of the 1500 building near the book store before and after the ceremony.
- Graduates, you need to arrive 45 minutes prior to the ceremony for line-up
(4:30 pm ceremony graduates arrive no later than 3:45 pm)
(7:30 pm ceremony graduates arrive no later than 6:45 pm)
- Graduates need to report to the 2nd floor lobby near the bookstore for lineup for the processional
- Due to our graduating class size limited seating will be available in our auditorium for family and friends and will be on a first come, first serve basis. The auditorium will open at approximately 3:30 pm for seating for the 4:30 pm ceremony, and at 6:30 pm for the 7:30 pm ceremony (1 hour in advance both times). Attendees will receive a ticket at the door, which they must keep with them in case they need to step out before coming back in. Overflow seating will be available for attendees once the maximum seating capacity in the auditorium is reached. Seats may not be saved for family or friends who arrive early and attempt to hold seats.
- Parking - Staff and Faculty members of the College have been asked to park up the hill to leave plenty of room for guests in front of the 1500 building. Shuttles will be available around campus for guests who cannot park close to the auditorium. They will be identified by the HCC logo on the side of the vehicle. Additional handicap spaces will be blocked off on both sides of the building. If someone in your family needs special assistance, please notify us so we can provide the help they need.
- Please remind your family and friends attending that we are tobacco free campus.
If you are graduating with honors, you will receive your cord when you are lined up. Students graduating with honors will receive a white cord based on the following:
Cum Laude (with praise)
Magna Cum Laude (with high praise)
Summa Cum Laude (with highest praise).
Other cords include:
Haywood Early College - Gray cord/purple and gray tassel, and medallion
Future Cosmetologist Association – Pink cord
National Society of Leadership and Success – Red cord or black/white cord
National Technical Honor Society – Silver/purple cord
Phi Theta Kappa – gold stole and tassel
Student Ambassador – Silver cord
Student Government Association – Teal cord
Veterans – red, white, and blue cord
It is required that all graduates wear their approved black gown, cap, and tassel (begin the ceremony with tassels on the right).
Under your cap and gown we ask that you wear nice clothes and shoes (no flip flops). We caution against high heels, as wearing them increases the chances of falling while walking up and/or across the stage.
When Will Receive your Degree?
Please note, during the ceremony we will hand out a Haywood Community College diploma cover to you only. All graduates who have completed the requirements for graduation will need to have their awards conferred (a process of approving all classes were satisfactorily completed) before they are printed and made available. The registrar’s office will contact you via email and phone approximately two weeks after the graduation ceremony when your degree, certificate, and/or diplomas are ready to be picked up from the College. At that time, final official transcripts with the “graduate” stamp will be available for order as well.
Early College students will not receive their degrees until after their school year officially ends, as we cannot award an HCC degree until after the high school year and diploma are complete.
(Note: If you received your degree after graduation in 2017 (summer or fall) and are walking in this graduation ceremony, we will ask that you return your diploma covers at the end of the evening since you should have received one when you picked up your degree.)