Enrollment Procedures and Online Services for Online Learning Students:
Enrollment Management Information and Contact Information can be found on the Enrollment Management page.
HCC provides access to all services for all students. For online learning students, a detailed list of services and how to access them is located on the Online Learning Support Services page.
Enrolling in an associate or diploma program
Submit an application for enrollment online by following this link: apply online.
- Submit an official copy of high school transcript or GED scores.
- Take HCC’s Computerized Placement Test – EdReady, or submit a copy of your SAT or ACT scores. Students are exempt from taking the placement test if they have recorded SAT scores of 500 or higher on each section – Reading and Math (taken prior to March 1, 2016), SAT scores of 530 or higher in Math (taken March 1, 2016 or later), SAT scores of 480 or higher in Reading & Writing (taken March 1, 2016 or later), or ACT scores of 18 or higher in English, 22 or higher in Reading, 22 or higher in Math. Transfer students may also be exempt if credit is transferable in Math and English. Transfer students must submit official college transcripts if they are seeking transfer credit or waiving prerequisite requirements. For online learning students, the placement test may be taken at your local community college and transferred/faxed/mailed to HCC. We accept Compass and Asset scores as well. Test scores expire after ten years.
- In certain HCC programs, a departmental interview with an advisor is required. Check with the Office of Enrollment Management for a list of these programs. For online learning students, this can be via phone appointment.
- Check with the Office of Enrollment Management by phone or email to see if any other enrollment requirements are mandated for your specific program of study.
Enrolling in a certificate program
- Submit an application for enrollment online by following this link: apply online. Some certificate programs may require a prerequisite or a departmental interview with an advisor. Check with the Office of Enrollment Management to determine additional requirements for specific certificate programs. For online learning students, this can be via phone appointment.
Enrolling as a non‐degree seeking student
- Submit an application for enrollment online by following this link: apply online.
- A course may be taken as a non‐degree seeking student if it does not require a prerequisite or the prerequisite has been met and space is available. (Courses in limited enrollment programs excluded.)
After all enrollment requirements have been met, a student may register by:
- Meeting with Success Coaches to plan their upcoming semester schedule. Online learning students may contact their Success Coach via email or phone to schedule a time to receive advisement and plan their schedule. (Continuing students may contact their faculty advisor for registration.)
- Paying tuition and fees. Payment can be made in the cashiers office in Student Services (1500 building), payment can be mailed to HCC, 185 Freedlander Drive Clyde, NC 28721, or payment can be made online (for more information, contact the Cashier).
- Registered students will be invited to New Student Orientation Week and be able to obtain their student ID, pick up parking decal, pay tuition, purchase books at the HCC Bookstore and more. To learn more about HCC resources, departments and leadership, please see the online orientation videos found at haywood.edu/orientation.