Financial Aid Application Day
The Finanacial Aid office will be open extended hours! Stop by to get help with your applications for financial aid assistance, no appointment necessary.
When: February 20th and 27th from 4pm to 7pm
Where: HCC Student Servies – Building 1500
- Complete the Free Application For Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) by submitting a FAFSA online at www.fafsa.gov
- FAFSA is processed by DOE. DOE determines Expected Family Contribution (EFC) using Federal Methodology. EFC determines student eligibility. HCC and the student receive a product of the FAFSA called SAR/ISIR (Student Aid Report)
- Student must apply for admission to HCC and must be accepted into a qualified program of study -associate degree, diploma program or certain certificates.
- Students with eligibility for grants(federal and/or state) who are selected for the process called Verification or who are missing information necessary to complete processing their application are sent a Document Tracking letter and e mail listing the information required to complete their file. It is important to respond to this request in a timely manner to prevent delays in the processing of your financial aid.
- When the student’s "file" is complete, i.e., all supporting information received, verification completed, and the student is fully accepted into a qualified degree-seeking program, an award letter notification is e mailed to the student. All financial aid awards may be viewed on the student's Self Service account.
- Tution, fees, and bookstore charges will automatically be deducted from the student's financial aid awards.
- Any remaining balance will be disbursed to the student by check and mailed to the address the school has on file approximately 6 weeks after classes begin.