Through the generosity of individuals, businesses, and civic organizations, there are many scholarships available to HCC students. These scholarships are established with gifts from donors to the HCC Foundation and are either endowed or annually funded. Criteria for awarding the scholarships are specified by the donors in conjunction with the college. Endowed scholarships are generated through the investment of permanently-held principals so that only the income from the principal is used for scholarship awards. This enables the scholarship to exist in perpetuity. Annually funded scholarships are those for which all funds are dispersed as scholarships rather than as long-term investments.
- You are required be accepted as an HCC student and ssigned an HCC email before you can apply for scholarships.
- You are also required to have a current FAFSA on file in order to be eligible for scholarships.
- You can complete your FAFSA here: www.fafsa.gov
For more information regarding the scoring of applications please view the Rubric used by the scholaship review committee.
Other Scholarships Currently Offered:
The Haywood Community College Foundation has established the Lavender Fund to assist HCC students with emergency needs that are barriers to accomplishing their educational goals.
Typical funding needs that students face when they request emergency funding assistance include the following:
- Transportation needs, including public transportation, gas and car repairs
- Child care
- Clothing and personal care
- Heating and utility assistance
- Food and hunger assistance
Please bring or email the completed application to Darlene Duke, Scholarship Manager in the Student Services Building. For more information, please contact Darlene Duke at (828) 565-4170 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Outside scholarship opportunities: https://www.haywood.edu/financial-aid/scholarships/outside-scholarships.