HCC Cares about our students. We have designated funds available for students facing a financial need. With our Lavender Fund, students can apply for funds to help cover emergency needs (related or not related to COVID-19).
Through the generosity of individuals and organizations, the HCC Foundation helps students that may be facing barriers to accomplishing their educational goals.
Typical funding needs that students request include:
- Transportation needs (public transportation, gas, etc.)
- Child Care
- Heating and utility assistance
- Food and Hunger assistance
Scholarship Application Process:
- Enroll at HCC
- Visit https://www.haywood.edu/getting-started to begin your application into the program you are interested in.
- If you have questions or need assistance, contact our Enrollment department at firstname.lastname@example.org; 828-627-2821.
- Apply for Financial Aid
- Create a FAFSA ID at studentaid.ed.gov/fsaid
- Complete the FAFSA Application at fafsa.gov
- If you need help with any of these steps or have questions, contact us at email@example.com; 828-627-4756
- Complete your Scholarship Application
- Visit our website to complete your application at haywood.academicworks.com
- Our system will automatically match you to the scholarships you qualify for
- If you have questions or need assistance, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org; 828-565-4120
Scholarship recipients are selected by our Scholarship Committee. For more information regarding the scoring of applications, please view the Rubric used by the review committee.
The Finish Line Grant
- Students thar have had a financial emergency that may prevent completion of courses.
- Students currently enrolled at HCC with a minimum GPA of 2.0 and in good standing
- Students within two semesters of completing their program (50% complete)
To apply for this grant, reach out to our scholarship experts at email@example.com
Outside scholarship opportunities are also available. For more information, visit Outside Scholarships