Scholarship Application Process:
- Enroll at HCC
- Visit https://www.haywood.edu/getting-started to begin your application into the program you are interested in.
- If you have questions or need assistance, contact our Enrollment department at firstname.lastname@example.org; 828-627-2821.
- Apply for Financial Aid
- Create a FAFSA ID at studentaid.ed.gov/fsaid
- Complete the FAFSA Application at fafsa.gov
- If you need help with any of these steps or have questions, contact us at email@example.com; 828-627-4756
- Complete your Scholarship Application
- Visit our website to complete your application at haywood.academicworks.com
- Our system will automatically match you to the scholarships you qualify for
- If you have questions or need assistance, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org; 828-565-4120
Scholarship recipients are selected by our Scholarship Committee. For more information regarding the scoring of applications, please view the Rubric used by the review committee.
HCC Cares about our students. We have designated funds available for students facing a financial need. With our Lavender Fund, students can apply for funds to help cover emergency needs (related or not related to COVID-19).
Through the generosity of individuals and organizations, the HCC Foundation helps students that may be facing barriers to accomplishing their educational goals.
Typical funding needs that students request include:
- Transportation needs (public transportation, gas, etc.)
- Child Care
- Heating and utility assistance
- Food and Hunger assistance
The Finish Line Grant
- Students thar have had a financial emergency that may prevent completion of courses.
- Students currently enrolled at HCC with a minimum GPA of 2.0 and in good standing
- Students within two semesters of completing their program (50% complete)
To apply for this grant, reach out to our scholarship experts at email@example.com
Outside scholarship opportunities are also available. For more information, visit Outside Scholarships