The HCC Tuition Free Guarantee will pay for up to four semesters at the in-state tuition rate for any 2021 or 2022 qualifying high school graduate (public, private, or homeschool) from Haywood County who does not obtain the full amount needed through federal financial aid and/or scholarships. The guarantee will be applicable for up to two years (fall & spring semesters only) of enrollment as long as the student continues to meet our predefined criteria.
The HCC Tuition Free Guarantee will not cover program/course specific fees, out of state tuition costs, or books/materials. However, if approved for additional financial aid or scholarships, those items could still be covered.
The guarantee is subject to approval from the scholarship committee and availability of funds.
If you have questions about this scholarship, please reach out to us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
In order to qualify for the Tuition Free Guarantee, students must complete the following steps before Friday, July 23rd, 2021 for the Fall 2021 semester.
Initial Qualification Criteria for HCC’s Tuition Free Guarantee
1. Be a 2021 or 2022 high school graduate from Haywood County (public, private, or homeschool).
2. Hold a minimum high school GPA of 2.8.
3. Enroll in a minimum of 12 credit hours per semester (full-time status) at HCC.
4. Each year students must complete the FAFSA (Free Application for Federal Student Aid). Applications can be found at fafsa.gov.
5. Annually complete the HCC scholarship application. This can be found at haywood.academicworks.com.
6. Meet with your HCC Success Coach prior to enrolling in courses. Have a question? Reach out to our team at email@example.com
Continued Qualification Criteria for HCC’s Tuition Free Guarantee
1. Each year students must complete the FAFSA (Free Application for Federal Student Aid). Applications can be found at fafsa.gov.
2. Maintain a GPA of 2.0 at HCC.
3. Continue enrollment of 12 credit hours per semester (fall & spring).
4. Complete the HCC scholarship application. This can be found at haywood.academicworks.com.