You will find instructions on How to Apply, and what to do after you have applied and been accepted to the college below. Please use the list below to ensure that you have completed all steps so that you can have the best experience possible.
✓ Print your Checklist
✓ See a List of Available Classes
- Click on appropriate semester.
- Click on a course for more details.
- Click on a section number to see a list of required textbooks.
Submit an Application.
- For assistance creating an account or logging in to complete the application, contact CFNC or call (866) 866-2362.
- For help with your application, contact Student Services or call (828) 627-4500 or click on the “Live Chat” or “Need Help” link on the far right of this page.
- You will receive a postcard from HCC informing you of any materials that are still needed, such as high school transcripts or placement scores.
Applied to HCC
After notification from HCC that your application has been received, please log into WebAdvisor, change your password and then log into the HCC Login Portal. Please allow for up to 48 hours from the time that you submit your application for you to be able to log in for the first time.
WebAdvisor (grades, schedule, transcript, financial information, and more!):
✓ Step 1: Log into WebAdvisor
Your username is typically your first initial, middle initial, last name.
- Example: If your name were Phillip G. Blake, then your username would be pgblake.
- Always enter your username with all lowercase letters.
- If you are not sure what your username is you can select “What’s My User ID?”. You will be required to provide your last name, as it is in our records, and either your student ID number or your social security number without dashes or spaces.
Your password is initially your 6-digit birthday.
- Example: If your birthday is May 8, 1991, then your 6-digit birthday is 050891.
✓ Step 2: Change your password
- Passwords must be at least eight characters long with at least one uppercase letter, one lowercase letter, and one number. A special character like an ! or $ is recommended for extra security. The password cannot contain more than three consecutive letters that are part of the username.
HCC Login Portal (“One stop shop” for all HCC technology resources)
✓ Log into the HCC Login Portal (use the same username and password as WebAdvisor)
NOTE: You will have limited access until you have completed all steps and registered for classes.
- Email – Email address is firstname.lastname@example.org. Students are expected to use their HCC email for all college communications.
- WebAdvisor - Pay on account, transcript, grades, schedules, and much more!
- Moodle – Where you will do your online/hybrid classes or access homework.
- Instructions on how to install Office 365 free with your HCC account (Only available to students registered for classes).
- Instructions on accessing the HCC-Campus wireless network.
- Emergency Notification system – allows you to receive important HCC information, such as weather closings by text, phone, or email at any phone number or email address that you choose.
- Password Registration – Sign up to be able to reset your password at anytime from anywhere.