Welcome to Haywood Community College’s Pharmacy Technician Home Page
Allied Health Programs & Courses
All Continuing Education Programs & Course
Pharmacy Technician Program Information
Haywood Community College (HCC) Pharmacy Technician Training program begins in Fall 2020 and will be online/remote. This program will prepare students to assist in a pharmacy setting through learning with hands on laboratory training, and clinical experience. The HCC Pharmacy Technician Training program is a Pharmacy Technician Certification Board (PTCB) Recognized Program.
You can expect to spend about 20 hours a week completing the necessary coursework. Lab work will be done at HCC West Waynesville Campus (23 Hendrix Street Waynesville, NC 28786). Clinical work will be completed at WNC Community & Hospital Pharmacies (within 1 hour from HCC).
To learn about the cost of the course please contact the Program Coordinator through email, email@example.com.
Upon successful completion of the program, students are eligible to take the Pharmacy Technician Certification Examination® (PTCE®) which prepares students to become a Certified Pharmacy Technician (CPhT).
Pharmacy Technician Registration Information:
Registration for HCC’s Pharamcy Technician Program starts by clicking here! If you have questions about this program or need assistance in registering, please call Shannon Brown at 828-627-4669 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Pharmacy Technician Program Overview
- A career as a pharmacy technician prepares students to assist the pharmacist in dispensing medications and advancing patient safety. This course will prepare students with entry level pharmacy knowledge in community, compounding, and hospital settings.
- 2020 Pharmacy Technician Certification Board (PTCB) Recognized Program
- Prepares students for eligibility to become a Certified Pharmacy Technician (CPhT)
- The Bureau of Labor Statistics for a Pharmacy Technician indicates that:
- Median pay is $15.72 per hour
- Employment of pharmacy technicians is projected to grow 7 percent from 2018 to 2028, faster than the average for all occupations
- For more information about this career opportunity, visit the Bureau of Labor Statistics Website: https://www.bls.gov/ooh/healthcare/pharmacy-technicians.htm
HCC Pharmacy Technician Program Documents of Importance
- HCC Pharmacy Technician Unique Learning Experience with Pioneer RX Pharmacy Software
- SECU Workforce Development Scholarship Form
- SECU 2019-20 Student Data & Consent Form
Pharmacy Technician Resources