Grammar Evaluation Process
Learning Support Services offers proofreading for essays and assignments. Essays are NOT corrected for the student, but grammatical errors will be flagged and identified by ERROR TYPE.
Step 1: Complete an application.
- Please complete the form on this page in order to have your paper proofread.
- This is an application for tutoring – proofreading is part of our tutoring service.
Step 2: Submit your essay online via HCC student email.
- If you have Outlook installed on your computer, just click here HCCfirstname.lastname@example.org.
- After you submit your essay, you will receive an email from us confirming receipt of your document.
Step 3: Look for an email from LSS containing your proofread essay.
- Your essay will be flagged in the margins, showing where your errors are and what kind of errors your have made
- You will also receive a grammar evaluation form showing what the error types are
Your Email Submission:
- Type Grammar Evaluation in the subject line of your email.
- In the message field include: Your course prefix and number, Your instructor’s name
- Include your essay as an attachment to the email.
- We only accept documents in Word or PDF format.