Learning Support Services offers basic grammar evaluation for student essays and other assignments. Students drop off essays and assignments for grammar error evaluation (onsite and online drop). Essays are NOT corrected for the student, but grammatical errors will be flagged within the document and identified by error type.
- Step 1:
- Students drop off essays and assignments for grammar error evaluation.
- Step 2:
- Students should plan for a 48-hour proofing duration after the document has been submitted (Please note: Documents submitted on Friday would have a Tuesday deadline). Evaluation of lesser duration may happen, but is not guaranteed.
- Step 3:
- Students are notified by email when the evaluation has been completed.
- Lab instructor will evaluate and categorize grammatical errors
- Sentences with errors will be flagged indicating the error type.
- Lab instructor will sign the proofed document and email the student when proofing is complete and ready for pick-up. During pick up students can ask questions about types of errors and receive tutoring help.
At our center
- Learning Support staff will print a copy of the document (the original will be given back to the student immediately).
- Students provide their name and HCC email address.
- To submit electronically, CLICK ON OUR EMAIL ADDRESS BELOW HCCfirstname.lastname@example.org.
- Documents should be attached to the email in Word or PDF format.
- Students must label the subject line as Grammar Evaluation.
- Students must include the school ID number; instructor name; and course prefix, course number, and section in the message field.