Get your papers and projects proofread for free!
Learning Support Services offers basic grammar evaluation for student essays and other assignments. Students drop off essays and assignments for grammar error evaluation (onsite and online drop).
How does it work?
Essays are NOT corrected for the student, but grammatical errors will be flagged within the document and identified by error type.
- Step 1:
- Drop off your essays and assignments for grammar error evaluation.
- Step 2:
- LSS keeps your document for 48 hours after you have submitted (Documents submitted on Friday would have a Tuesday deadline).
- Step 3:
- Look for an email from LSS notifying you that the evaluation has been completed.
Fall 2016 Essay Submissions Cutoff
Submissions for Grammar Evaluation will be not be accepted after December 1.
Grammar Evaluation Process
What do we do with your essays?
- A lab instructor will evaluate and categorize grammatical errors.
- Sentences with errors will be flagged indicating the error type.
- The lab instructor will sign the proofed document and email the student when proofing is complete and ready for pick-up. During pick up, you can ask questions about the types of errors and receive tutoring help.
Drop-off at our Center
- Learning Support staff will print a copy of the document (the original will be given back to you immediately).
- You must provide your name and HCC email address. If you have not applied for tutoring, you can at the time of drop-off.
Drop-Off by Email
- To submit electronically, either CLICK on or SEND TO our email address here HCCfirstname.lastname@example.org.
- Documents must be attached to the email in Word or PDF format.
- You must label the subject line as Grammar Evaluation.
- You must include: school ID number; instructor name; and course prefix, course number, and section in the message field.