Our proofreading service, for which we ask the instructor to do the following.
- Contact the program manager at firstname.lastname@example.org and let her know if you intend to require proofreading.
- Provide LSS with the assignment start date and due date. This helps us plan for the increased volume of documents.
- Have an LSS representative come to your class to obtain applications and to briefly explain the grammar evaluation process to your students (10 minutes).
- Make sure you understand our grammar evaluation process. You can find that information at Grammar Evaluation on the HCC web page.
- Please encourage your students to make appointments to test. We do accept walk-in testers, but we give priority to students who make appointments.
- Please note that instructors are responsible for initiating LSS test proctoring of their students. This includes completion of the instructor testing form in advance of student testing. A student cannot simply walk in carrying a test.
- If you would like to send testing forms and tests electronically, we have a secure process. Just call Melanie Lewis (4696), and she can walk you through the process.
- Students who receive tutoring must complete tutoring applications. LSS must also obtain instructor referrals for these students. We send the referral requests to you via email.
- We do not tutor in the subject area of every course; however, we can and do provide study skills assistance that can apply to every course. Therefore, there is the potential for a tutoring referral for almost every course at HCC.
- LSS provides grammar evaluation services (proofreading). Students must complete tutoring applications for this help, and we must obtain referrals for this service as well.
- LSS cannot help with homework. We can help with similar assignments and with concepts. This is dictated by community college system administrative code.
Any questions you have can be submitted here.