Our proofreading service, for which we ask the instructor to do the following.
- Contact the program manager at firstname.lastname@example.org and let her know if you intend to require proofreading.
- Provide LSS with the assignment start date and due date. This helps us plan for the increased volume of documents.
- Have an LSS representative come to your class to obtain applications and to briefly explain the grammar evaluation process to your students (10 minutes).
- Make sure you understand our grammar evaluation process. You can find that information at Grammar Evaluation on the HCC web page.
- Please encourage your students to make appointments to test. We do accept walk-in testers, but we give priority to students who make appointments.
- Please note that instructors are responsible for initiating LSS test proctoring of their students. This includes completion of the instructor testing form in advance of student testing. A student cannot simply walk in carrying a test.
- If you would like to send testing forms and tests electronically, we have a secure process. Just call Melanie Lewis (4696), and she can walk you through the process.
- Students who receive tutoring must complete tutoring applications. LSS must also obtain instructor referrals for these students. We send the referral requests to you via email.
- We do not tutor in the subject area of every course; however, we can and do provide study skills assistance that can apply to every course. Therefore, there is the potential for a tutoring referral for almost every course at HCC.
- LSS provides grammar evaluation services (proofreading). Students must complete tutoring applications for this help, and we must obtain referrals for this service as well.
- LSS cannot help with homework. We can help with similar assignments and with concepts. This is dictated by community college system administrative code.