The Small Business Center of Haywood Community College will offer a free seminar on “Management and Leadership Skills for the First Time Supervisor and Manager” Tuesday morning, October 27 from 9 a.m. until noon. It will be held on campus in the Student Center building, first floor. If you’ve been hired or promoted to supervise people… now what? This free interactive three- hour workshop helps new supervisors, managers and team leaders to grow their management and leadership skills fast. Learn tools for effectively dealing with people and workplace situations that you’ll begin using the very next day at work. This workshop is an invaluable investment for first-time managers and supervisors and includes a behavioral profiles assessment.
Participants will learn and begin to master:
- The ability to work with employees who see things differently than you do
- Turning around employee attitude and performance problems by focusing on the problem and by maintaining your self control
- The use of Behavioral Profiles in creating more effective communication with your employees
- How to effectively coach and give constructive feedback to employees
- How to organize and run meetings that people want to attend
- Ways to begin building a team environment with your employees
To preregister for this free seminar, call The Small Business Center at 627 4512.