The Small Business Center of Haywood Community College will offer a free seminar called “How to Get Free Publicity for your Business” on Thursday, February 9 from 6-8 p.m. on campus in the Student Center, first floor. In addition to paid advertising, don’t overlook publicity that works as “free advertising”. It’s not enough just to tell about your business. You must be prepared to present a unique angle. Join Vicki Hyatt, editor of The Mountaineer, to learn how the media determines if your press release is newsworthy.
- Discuss the bare basics for a news release
- Discover ways to bolster readership, i.e., adding photos, using quotes, etc.
- List and take advantage of the many places for exposure for your business
- Determine your target audience and explore how to create an awareness with that audience
- Achieve success by finding a local angle
Call the Small Business Center at 627 4512 to register for this free workshop.