Fall Semester continues & Spring registration is open
HCC’s fall semester is well underway, and we have passed the halfway mark. Courses continue to use a blended approach to instruction that will allow students to complete lecture activities in a virtual environment while offering hands-on labs in a socially distant, face to face format.
Registration is currently open for the spring semester. We are encouraging students to meet with their advisors and register for the spring term to ensure the courses they need and want are available for them. HCC’s spring term will be conducted using the same teaching delivery method as the fall semester. These delivery methods will include virtual classes, synchronous classes, and hands-on classes based on the students’ program of study.
Face Covering Requirements
HCC requires all individuals on campus to wear a face covering at all times indoors, including classrooms, and outdoors where social distancing cannot be maintained. This is required for all employees, students, and visitors.
This face covering requirement will be in place until further notice.
If you have any questions or concerns, please contact Dr. Michael Coleman, VP of Student Services email@example.com (students) or Sara Phillips, Human Resources Director firstname.lastname@example.org (employees).
Wifi locations: HCC has established WiFi access locations throughout our campus locations for our students. Please use the link below to view the WiFi access map.
The HCC library remains open to students. Students can utilize the facility for computer access, study areas, and other needs they have from the library. Social distancing measures remain in place which may decrease the number of seats available at a time.
What can you do to help?
- Stay home from work or school if you are sick.
- Contact us as soon as possible if you think you may have been exposed to someone with COVID-19 (or suspected COVID-19), if you are awaiting a test result, or if you have tested positive.
- Follow the 3 W’s: Wear a face covering; Wait 6-feet apart; Wash your hands often
- Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds. Use hand sanitizer when soap and water are not readily available.
- Cover your coughs and sneezes.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth with unwashed hands.
- Be sure to clean your home and workspace often.
Travel and the holidays
With the holidays and the likelihood of travel on the horizon, be sure to remain diligent with your precautions related to the potential spread of COVID-19. Review the CDC tips for hosting gatherings and travel, as well as other guidance they provide to ensure a safe yet enjoyable holiday season.
- Consider an outside gathering
- Limit the numbers of attendees
- Wear a mask
- Avoid close contact by staying at least 6-feet apart
- Wash your hands frequently
Who do I contact with questions/concerns?
Please direct any questions or concerns to our Public Information Officer, Michelle Harris. She can be reached at 828-627-4521 or email@example.com.
Haywood Community College continues to take steps to mitigate the potential spread of COVID-19. As we determine solutions to keep our employees and students as safe as possible, our goal is, as always, to provide a quality education to all of our students in a safe and effective manner.