Spring Semester begins with continued COVID-19 safety precautions
As we welcome students back to HCC for Spring 2021 classes, please continue to use this page as a resource for COVID-19 updates and safety information.
Face Covering Requirements
A reminder that HCC requires all individuals on campus to wear a face covering at all times indoors and outdoors, including classrooms.
This face covering requirement will be in place until further notice.
Classes and Student Services
Many classes for the spring semester will be held virtually. Classes that require face-to-face instruction will follow the COVID-19 safety guidelines as outlined by state, local, and federal guidance, as well as HCC Pandemic Response guidelines.
Student Service areas are open to the public and social distancing guidelines are in place for any in-person needs. We are also offering virtual services to assist students and are encouraging anyone needing assistance to contact us at 828-627-4500 to review virtual assistance options.
Supporting our students
HCC continues to offer multiple support options for students. We can assist with items related to:
- Emergency funding needs (rent, food, and more)
- Technology check-out options from our library (laptops, hotspots, web cams, and more)
- Wifi locations on campus to access the internet
What can you do to help?
- Stay home from work or school if:
- You are sick
- You are considered a close contact to someone that has COVID-19
- If someone in your household is sick
- If you or someone in your household are awaiting test results
- Contact us as soon as possible if you think you may have been exposed to someone with COVID-19 (or suspected COVID-19), if you are awaiting a test result, or if you have tested positive.
- Follow the 3 W’s: Wear a face covering, Wait 6-feet apart, Wash your hands often
- Be sure to clean your home and workspace often
- If you see someone on campus not abiding by the COVID-19 safety guidelines, feel free to speak up, contact a supervisor, or use our COVID-19 Reporting form to share information.
Please remember that our team WILL work with you if you need to stay home for ANY reason related to COVID-19 so we can all do our part to help reduce the spread of the virus.
This page offers multiple links to COVID-19 resources and additionally, HCC has more resources related to safety protocols and Student expectations. To view this additional information, visit our Resources page or read the Student Checklist.
COVID-19 - Reported Confirmed Cases at HCC
4/17/21 - 4/23/21
-as of 4/16/2021
Positive cases are self-reported to HCC by students and employees. This dashboard does not include COVID-19 cases unreported to HCC or individuals who are self-quarantining without a confirmed diagnosis.
Those considered to be in close proximity to positive cases reported on campus are contacted immediately.
*RCAC: Regional Center for the Advancement of Children (Case number includes both employees and children at the center).*
Haywood Community College continues to take steps to mitigate the potential spread of COVID-19. As we determine solutions to keep our employees and students as safe as possible, our goal is, as always, to provide a quality education to all of our students in a safe and effective manner.