Student Services exists to provide support to current and former students and to explore and implement strategies to increase the college going rate in our service area. Student Services staff will work to remove barriers to students enrolling at HCC by incorporating entrepreneurial and innovative approaches. Students Services will support the mission of the college in its effort to:
- Expose potential students in the service area to educational opportunities at HCC.
- Assist students of all backgrounds, experience, ethnicities, and origin in the admissions process.
- Provide information to students to assist them in applying for and enrolling in college programs
- Provide adequate and helpful information to current students through the student handbook, catalog, and website to promote a positive, successful college experience.
- Assist students with registration and related activities.
- Provide new students with a comprehensive orientation of the college – its mission, programs, and services, to enhance their educational career.
- Assist students in applying for and receiving educational funding.
- Provide assistance to students in making career choices.
- Encourage persistence by providing support and comprehensive counseling services to all students and specifically to high risk students.
- Assist students with preparing for employment and job placement.
- Maintain accurate educational records
- Provide accurate and timely data internally and to other agencies.
- Provide opportunities for leadership and development through SGA and student activities.
- Serve as an advocate for students and liason to college administration.
- Work to provide the highest quality services possible for our students.