Work-Based Learning at HCC is an educational program designed to help students clarify, test and validate career goals through work experience. Our purpose is successfully placing students with employers to encourage professional growth and allow development of job skills directly related to and coordinated with their chosen field of study.
Work-Based Learning Course Enrollment Procedures
- Check your program of study for WBL course options and speak with your advisor or the Work-Based Learning Coordinator to register.
- You must have a GPA of 2.0 or better and at least 9 core curriculum credit hours with HCC.
- Complete a Work-Based Learning Application.
- The Work-Based Learning Coordinator will contact you about your work site placement.
- Students perform tasks related to their academic or career goals
- Students gain knowledge and experience from skilled mentors
- Students receive academic credit for their work experience
- Students provide definable benefit's to employers
- Students improve employability skills, i.e. in resume writing, job interviews, personal appearance.
- Ability to integrate classroom theory with workplace practice
- Technical knowledge through use of state-of-the-art equipment
- Clarity about academic goals
- Academic motivation
- Workplace competencies
- Understanding of workplace culture
- Responsible work habits
- Clarity about career goals
- Professional network
- After graduation employment opportunities
- Lifelong learning skillsJob readiness
- Determination of strengths & weaknesses
- Earnings to defray college expenses
- Work-Based Learning Coordinator: Joshua Hilbert
- Location: Room 1536, 1500 Building
- Hours: Monday-Friday, 8:00 a.m. – 4:00 p.m.
- Telephone: (828) 627.3613, (toll free in NC 1-866-GO-TO-HCC)
- Address: 185 Freedlander Drive, Clyde, NC 28721
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org