In some cases, service learning is a required part of your course. You may be asked to participate in group projects, or explore volunteerism on your own with an organization of your choosing. All service learning locations must be approved by your instructor or the Coordinator of Work-Based Learning prior to beginning your service learning experience.
Before you participate in a service learning project, you will need to:
- Register for a service learning course.
- Work with your instructor and/or service learning coordinator to have your work site approved, or choose a worksite from this list of Haywood County volunteer opportunities.
- Complete the service learning orientation (except for class projects).
- Submit documentation of hours completed to service learning office.
If you are participating in a service learning project, you should:
- Have your service learning site approved by your instructor or the Work-Based Learning office
- Work with a supervisor at your service learning site to document your hours
- Report hours worked to the Work-Based Learning office by completing the Service Learning survey