Workforce Continuing Education Registration
To register for Workforce Continuing Education (WCE) courses, select one of the following options:
IMPORTANT: If you receive a waiver for your courses (for instance, Law Enforcement or Fire training), please work with your supervisor to register for courses.
- Payment can be made by cash, check, or credit card
- To register in person, please visit the Hemlock Building (Student Services Building) on the main campus in Clyde (first building on the left as you enter campus.
- Student services is open Monday - Thursday 8 am - 5 pm, Friday 8 am - 4 pm
- Drive to the back of the building and enter the parking lot to the left. Student Services is located straight through the lobby.
- For maps and directions to campus please see our visiting campus page.
- Payment by mail is by check only
- Must be mailed 2-3 weeks before the registration deadline
- Complete the registration form and mail it with your payment. The form includes instructions and the address to which it should be mailed.
If you have not attended an HCC class in more than one year, your account will need to be reactivated.
Students are not enrolled until all registration fees are paid. Registration fees are indicated at the end of each course listing and are subject to change. Students are responsible for buying all supplies and materials necessary. Books are usually available through the college bookstore.
Computer Use and Technology Fee
The registration fee for continuing education computer classes includes a $5 computer use and technology fee. The fee is required of all students enrolled in Workforce Continuing Education computer classes.
Some courses require accident insurance while in class. For these courses, the insurance fee is included in the registration fee and is required of all participants.
Senior Citizens, please note there are NO senior exemptions for Self-Supporting (SEF) courses.
Pursuant to the North Carolina Administrative Code Title 23, Chapter 2(D) Section, 0203(d), the college shall refund registration fees under the following circumstances:
- If a student officially withdraws from the class prior (24-hours) to the first class session, the student will receive 100% refund. NOTE: Official withdrawal requires written notification received by the Workforce Continuing Education Office prior to the first class session.
- If a class is canceled due to insufficient enrollment, the student will receive 100% refund.
- After a class begins and a student officially withdraws from the class prior to or on the 10% point of the scheduled class hours, the student will receive a 75% refund.
NOTE: for most classes, the 10% point is the first class session. Written notification must be received by the Workforce Continuing Education Office by the 10% point of the scheduled class hours, the student will receive a 75% refund.
Return Check Policy
HCC will charge a returned check processing fee for payments of goods or services not to exceed $25.00 for a check on which payment has been refused by the bank because of insufficient funds or because the drawer did not have an account at the bank.
Under Age Policy
Special rules and regulations apply to students age 18 or under. Please contact the appropriate department coordinator for more details.
Class Size Limits
Students may register for Workforce Continuing Education classes on a first-come, first-served basis. Late registration will be held at the first class meeting if space is available. Please register well before the beginning date of your class. If you wait, your class may be full or canceled because of a low number of registrations.
- WCE Occupational Registration Form - For most Workforce Continuing Education courses i.e. Notary Public, Auto Safety, CNA, Welding
- WCE Public Safety Registration Form - For Public Safety courses i.e. Law Enforcement, Fire, EMS
- Defensive Driving Registration Form - For the North Carolina Defensive Driving 4 and 8 hour courses
Office Hours: Monday – Friday: 8:00am-4:00pm