If you are facing a financial hardship or an unforseen financial need, our team has numerous funding sources to help. Expenses such as rent, medical, transportation and childcare, we're here to help to keep you on a successful educational track.
HCC cares about our students. We have designated funds available for students facing a financial need. With our Lavender Fund, second year students can apply for funds to help cover one-time emergency needs.
Typical funding needs that students request include:
- Transportation needs (public transportation, gas, etc.)
- Child Care
- Heating and utility assistance
- Food and Hunger assistance
Finish Line Grant
On July 12, 2018, Governor Cooper announced the Finish Line Grants program to help community college students complete their education when facing unforeseen challenges. This program provides community college students that are 50% of the way to completing a credential with emergency aid up to $1,000 per semester for an unanticipated financial hardship. These grants may help cover costs such as transportation, childcare, housing assistance, utility bills, medical needs and assistance with tuition, fees, or books.
- Students must have a completed FAFSA on file with HCC
- Students that have had a financial emergency that may prevent completion of courses.
- Students currently enrolled at HCC with a minimum GPA of 2.0 and in good standing
- Students within two semesters of completing their program (50% complete)
Child Care Grant
HCC has funds available to assist students with childcare. Funds are limited and are awarded on a first come, first served basis.
At a minimum, eligible students applying for this scholarship must be ;
- A resident of North Carolina under the criteria outlined in G.S. 116-143.1 following the coordinated and centralized residency determination process administered by the State Education Assistance Authority, the NC Residency Determination Service.
- Enrolled for at least 6 credit hours.
- Student will be required to provide an invoice from the provider (may be home daycare or family member)
- Providers are paid after services are provided. For example, Paid at the end of October for hours in October.
Office Hours: Monday – Thursday 8-5 and Friday 8-4