Certification to properly witness the signing of important legal documents.
This course will cover the necessary qualifications, procedures, and certification to become a notary. Students must have the following qualifications met to apply for a notary certification:
- Be 18 years of age or older and a legal resident of the U.S.
- Be able to speak, read, and write English
- Have a high school diploma or equivalent
- Be a resident of North Carolina or have a regular place of work or business in North Carolina
Upon completion of this course with a passing exam grade of 80%, students are eligible to complete the Notary Application G.S. 10B-6 and submit their application to the NC Secretary of State office for review.
Required textbook: 2016 Notary Public Manual for North Carolina
- Students are encouraged to read the book prior to the start of class
- Available at the HCC Bookstore
- Students must present a current photo ID to be admitted to class.
- Classes held in the 9000 building
- Classes occur on the first Saturday of each month from 9:00am - 6:00pm
For more information please contact us at 828-627-4669.