Truck Driver Training
CDL training teaches proper driving procedures for commerical vehicles.
In partnership with Caldwell Community College and Technical Institute.
This course teaches proper driving procedures, safe driver responsibility, commercial
motor vehicle laws and regulations, and the basic principles and practices for operating
The course work includes motor vehicle laws and regulations, map reading, vehicle maintenance, safety procedures, daily logs, defensive driving, freight handling, security, and fire protection. Highway driving training exercises and classroom lectures are used to develop the student’s knowledge and skills.
Upon successful completion, students are qualified to take the Commercial Driver’s License exam and are employable by commercial trucking firms. Students may also become owner-operators and work as private contract haulers.
Classes start June 12, 2023.
Orientation: May 24, 2023.
- Orientation is mandatory (10:00am on May 24 at HCC).
- Students can register at the orientation or by May 31.
- Students need to obtain their CDL permit from the DMV by June 26. It is recommended to book your DMV appointment soon.
- The final test will be conducted at Caldwell Community College.
- Tuition: $1,999 plus additional fees for screenings and permits.
For additional details, visit Caldwell Community College’s website.