Apply for Aid
To apply for financial aid for HCC, students must first complete the Free Application For Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) by submitting a FAFSA online at studentaid.gov.
This form is required for every college student that will be utilizing any type of financial aid.
Following completion of the FAFSA, students must then apply for admission to HCC.
- FAFSA is processed by the Department of Education (DOE). DOE determines Expected Family Contribution (EFC) using Federal Methodology. EFC determines student eligibility. HCC and the student receive a product of the FAFSA called SAR/ISIR (Student Aid Report)
- Students with eligibility for grants (federal and/or state) who are selected for the process called Verification or who are missing information necessary to complete processing their application are sent a Document Tracking letter and e mail listing the information required to complete their file. It is important to respond to this request in a timely manner to prevent delays in the processing of your financial aid.
- When the student’s "file" is complete, i.e., all supporting information received, verification completed, and the student is fully accepted into a qualified degree-seeking program, an award letter notification is emailed to the student. All financial aid awards may be viewed on the student's Self-Service account.
- Tuition, fees, and bookstore charges will automatically be deducted from the student's financial aid awards.
- Any remaining balance will be disbursed to the student by check and mailed to the address the school has on file approximately 6 weeks after classes begin.
Thanks to the generosity of our community members, students, employees, and HCC Foundation, HCC offers a variety of scholarships for our students.
Monday – Friday: 8:00am-4:00pm