At Haywood Community College, we believe student involvement outside of the classroom contributes to a well-rounded college experience. Find your place by joining a club or attending one of the many campus events offered each semester. Visit our online calendar to see our upcoming events!
Week of Welcome Aug. 22-26
Welcome students! We have an exciting week of activities planned for you to celebrate the start of the semester and enjoy festivities held around campus.
Monday, August 22nd - Musical Monday
- Wear your favorite music tee
- Live Band at the Millpond - performances at 1:00 & 2:15
- Kona Ice near the Millpond from 1:00-3:00
Tuesday, August 23rd - Tailgate Tuesday
- Wear your favorite team apparel
- Show off your tailgate near the Hemlock Building - 11:00am - 1:00pm
- Free tailgate lunch near the Hemlock Building from 11:00am - 1:00pm
Wednesday, August 24th - Wellness Wednesday
- Wear green for wellness
- Nature Walk starting at the flagpole at 9:30am
- Join us for self-care activities at the fountain from 11:00am - 1:00pm
- Make and decorate a hula hoop from 1:00 - 2:00
- Hula hoop class from 2:00 - 3:00
- Our team will be around following the hula hoop class if you need to finish your decorating
Thursday, August 25th - Throwback Thursday
- Choose a decade and dress for it!
- Join our clubs for some decade treats near the fountain from 1:00 - 3:00
- Enjoy a refreshing soda float provided by SGA near the fountain from 1:00 - 3:00
Friday, August 26th - HCC is Family Friday
- Wear your HCC gear
- Tag us on social media and share why you love HCC!
ALL WEEK - Find "Cut Out Clyde" around campus and at these events and be sure to snap and share your pic!
Occasionally we host food trucks on campus! Make sure to check your emails and keep an eye on our social media platforms for alerts about Bobcat Bites.
The Criminal Justice Club supports the national district and state associations for the enhancement of criminal justice professions and the reduction of crime. Lambda Alpha Epsilon promotes professionalism in the criminal justice field, competing builds confidence in the students, and is a networking opportunity for their future.
Haywood Studios is a student organization dedicated to providing hands-on, real-life marketing experiences for Professional Crafts students. Through organized craft fairs and gallery exhibitions, students learn about the jury process, promotion, set-up, display, and selling of craft objects.
The purpose of the HCC Automotive Club is to advance the general interest of automotive interests in the community.
The student chapter of The Wildlife Society at Haywood Community College is composed of student and professional members of the Society at the college level. Student members are primarily Fish and Wildlife Management Technology students, but students from other educational programs interested in natural resources conservation and related activities have been known to join and participate. The student chapter provides students opportunities to get involved in the wildlife profession “beyond the classroom” by encouraging student professionalism and active involvement to better our wildlife resources for current and future generations.
The purpose of the SGA is to (1) make requests and recommendations to the administration that reflect the needs of the student body, (2) plan events and projects that reflect the ideas and opinions of the student body, (3) propose the budget detailing the expenditures of the student activity fees and submit it to the administration for approval, and (4) pass initial approval of all newly formed student organizations.
The Student Activities Program of Haywood Community College, planned and implemented collaboratively by students and professional staff in alignment with the overall mission of the college, promotes student leadership and development while providing a comprehensive array of activities to enhance student educational experiences.
- Offer opportunities for recreational fulfillment.
- Empower a Student Government Association that facilitates participation in campus governance.
- Use student activity fees in a fiscally responsible manner.
- Encourage student participation in community service to enhance classroom experience.
- Give exposure to other cultures and promote awareness of diversity through activities.
- Increased participation in student activities.
- Expansion of activities to include intramural sports.
- Enhancement of student leadership, responsibility, and team skills.
- Increased participation in service learning activities.
- Enhanced integration of all students into campus student life (day care students, Haywood Early College, Adult Education, dual and concurrently enrolled students, continuing education students, etc.)
Start a Club
In order to start a new student organization, students must (1) complete an Application for Recognition, (2) submit the application to the SGA President prior to the SGA meeting, and (3) present the organization to the SGA. Be sure to submit two copies of the organization's constitution and bylaws with the application.
Student Organizations may find the following documents helpful.
- Application for Recognition of an Organization
- Student Organization Guide
- Student Club Organization Registration Form
- Permission to Raise Funds Form
Haywood Community College is committed to equality of educational opportunity and does not discriminate against applicants, students, or employees on the basis of race, color, national origin, religion, gender, age, disability, or sexual orientation.
Monday - Friday: 8:00am - 4:00pm