Fish and Wildlife Management Technology
Fish & Wildlife Management Technology
HCC’s Fish and Wildlife Management Technology program provides the principles and understanding needed to develop competencies and technical skills needed to pursue a career in Natural Resource Management. This program is unique to Western North Carolina and is only offered at a handful of higher education institutions. Students will learn skills from dedicated instructors in the key areas of production, utilization, and conservation of natural resources. The Fish and Wildlife Management Technology program will prepare you to conserve and manage wilderness areas and the life therein.
Highlights of the Program
This hands-on training will review numerous areas of the natural resources industry including:
- Wildlife biology
- Marine/aquatic biology
- Environmental science
- Freshwater/saltwater ecosystems
- Natural resource management and policy
- Outdoor recreation and parks management
- Design and operation of wildlife habitats
- Laws and regulations
- Administrative and communication skills
- Numerous field trips and special events scheduled throughout the semester.
Degrees & Certificates
- Associate in Applied Science - Fish & Wildlife Management Technology
- Wildlife Services Technician
- Conservation Technician
- Fisheries Technician
- Wildlife technician within a government agency
- $53,200 annually (median)
Outside the Classroom
The HCC Lumberjack team provides students with opportunities to host and participate in Lumberjack competitions locally and regionally. Our team is nationally recognized and has won numerous competitions.
Meet Shannon Rabby, one of HCC's wonderful instructors! In this episode of Bobcat Chat, we sit down with him to learn more about the Fish & Wildlife program, fundraiser event, and a little about him and his fur-babies!
HCC offers a variety of class times to fit your busy schedule. Different class options are available based on your graduation year. You can view available classes and then meet with your advisor to get registered.
Technical Standards Program Schedule Search for Courses
For more information contact:
Have a quick question for us? Fill out this simple form and we will get back to you!